Tsawassen boat launch causeway cleanup??

With a bit of dredging and road fixing that could be a great ramp. Gate it and charge a fee.
There is a gate but DFO needs to make more visits if you know what I mean(No idea on the hours as I haven't used it in years but it was a sh!tshow 6-7 years ago when I launched there last. Road was very rough and large number of weekend campers make it a pretty unpleasant place in my opinion).

Finally got a reply from BC Ferries and they claim the terminal was contacted and a crew was sent out to clean things up. They said they have staff clean up along the causeway nightly, and perhaps garbage had built up during the time frame that I saw it. Based on what I've seen previously, I find it hard to believe they make much effort to clean things up.
Still need to get down there and have another look.

That's a pile of you know what.

That's a pile of you know what.
The fact is the only reason BC ferries keep it open is because the natives use the ramp. I live in Tsawwassen and have not gone there in over 15 years. We drive by often to see the gong show of tents and beach fires.

Cleanup Planned for Earth Day - April 22 2018

What: South Delta Shoreline Cleanup
Where: Meet up at Wellington Point Park, 3653 River Road West, Ladner BC. Cleanup at various locations including dikes and beaches
When: 10 am April 22 event concludes at 2:00 pm
Who: Open to everyone, " pets included", organized by Brad Becir
Why: For the benefit of the local environment, fish, wildife
How: After meeting in the park at 10 am groups will disperse from there to specified locations

For more information contact Brad Becir 604 779-6764, brad@becirrealestate.com
Contact Brad if you interested in participating.

As reported in the Delta Optimist April 11, 2018

Phil

Update April 21:

Its on for tomorrow!

Meeting point is Wellington Point Park 10:am April 22

Gloves, garbage bags, picking sticks all will be provided.

Pickup of garbage by sponsor 505 Junk

FREE ! Coffee and nibblies @ 10:00 AM start

Last edited:
Back