2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished Sandheads south arm to T ten area with up to 50 otter boats.

Tried baits, hardware in spoon variety , hootchies ...... Fished from 20 feet to 150 ......Saw one fish caught over the day. Pretty bad. Talked to guys that fished Cap mouth most of the day. Nothing that they saw there either.

Might just push ER back for the season, it's HUNTIN time, or one more whirl next week.hummmmm? Good luck you guys.

Convinced he office we needed a “team building” afternoon on the water given the bonus summer day today. Had a beauty evening off the Cap from 2 - 6 pm. Only one bite, but turned into a 5 - 6 lb hatch coho for my buddy who’d never caught a salmon before. 98’ in about 120’ if water on a small herring. Saw two other fish netted, but otherwise pretty slow.

Saw a few jumpers and schools loitering about. Looks like there are getting ready to run up the river first chance they get the next couple days with the rain.

Not ready to stow the rods yet. Had a great day fishing Thanksgiving last year off the South Arm - springs, coho and chum. Hoping this weekend’s rain/ low pressure brings in some fresh fish closer to home.

It would take more than one day of rain to put the cap up for them to run through , i think this rain will definitely spark more fish to move in , they will stack up
for sure in westvan. i just remember from my river days at the cap it took a few days of steady rain to bring it up.

Rain or no rain the Cap. water level is dictated by the dam. The dam typically reaches a high water level in late October and they must release water from the dam. it's only at this time rain really has any correlation.

They often dump water into the river throughout the summer to bring fish into the river. Did I mentioned not before notifying the FN exactly when this will happen? Que the vans full of snaggers and dip netters.

Anywho, like everyone has been saying the Cap. mouth has been slow however, all the charters are still fishing it everyday so that says something. Perhaps time to break out the centre pin.

9-2 today off of cap, nothing. Tried chovies, hootchies, spoons, herring.

Saw a few caught by other boats but not much. Lots of police boats/helicopters out

Didn't have any lines in but there was a monster flock of seagulls at the north arm last night and about 30-40 seals right at the mouth. Seemed very fishy

Fished south arm 11-5 yesterday. Pretty slow. 1 under chinook and a wild coho. There was a massive bait ball north of the light. Rods were bouncing pretty god as we went through it. Didn't mark any fish around it. Probably got pushed up to the north arm with the tide. Saw the birds up there as we went back in. Going to call it a season and tuck the boat in for the winter.

Little lumpy off the northarm today. Lost another keeper in the first 5 min. Nothing till we wrappedup then went over a huge baitball with fish around it 150 yards out of the northarm. Hit a few big waves hard, must have loosend a ground, my gps went white.

Back