Recommended Fishing Guides for Puerto Vallarta?

Whole in the Water

Going down to PV end of Sept, early Oct. and me and my buddy want to do some fishing.

Any recommendations for good guides (other than Capt. Lora, know about him already) down there?

Probably just do some inshore fishing this time.

Definitely Danny osuna from Marla sport fishing as linked above. I've been out with him twice and really enjoyed both times.

Capt. Lora on the Fortuna is my favorite, located in Punta Mita. He just bought a second boat, both with twin outboards. Phone 0115213223999.
Good Fishing
Stosh

Took advice from here last year and booked Capt Lora.
Highly recommend. Caught tons of fish. Fishing live bait and casting gear. No trolling around hoping.

Tips

elmatadorsportfishing. Capt manny is the man. Had me in tuna all day when others were scratching there head kick butt boat too. Great guy. He had 3 deckhands working for him and all were hardcore fisherman. I went out myself and at 1 time all 5 of us were hooked up. Best day of fishing in my life

elmatadorsportfishing. Capt manny is the man. Had me in tuna all day when others were scratching there head kick butt boat too. Great guy. He had 3 deckhands working for him and all were hardcore fisherman. I went out myself and at 1 time all 5 of us were hooked up. Best day of fishing in my life

All great recommandations. I have fished with Lora and Manny and know Danny by reputation. But, if you are looking to fish out of a 28 foot super panga, I highly recommend Danny Gomez. He is about the hardest fishing guide I have ever fished with. He will start at 6 am and at 6 pm he will be telling you "just another hour or so. I know the bite is about to come on strong." He is a fishing fool! He and Hector are a great team. I have fished a bunch with him and he never fails to give 110%. You can find him on the Bloody Decks website.

Marty

I am going to PV in early November for my 40th birthday and am looking for a fishing charter. We will be a group of 6 guys and are hoping to catch some Mahi Mahi.

Has anyone gone with or have feedback on Fishing Rebels? They have great reviews on Trip Advisor.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.,
Mark

Anyone been down to this area lately?

Headed down for a couple weeks end of March. Wondering what the fishing will be like at that time? Looking at all the operators websites doesn't look like a lot of big pelagic's but dodo's and some other inshore fish around.

This is all I'm really looking for with my son, just some action.

Any reports would be great.

Cheers

Keeping this thread alive....

Have tickets booked to head down in January (2018) with the family. I'm looking for anyone heading down at that time that would be keen on sharing some charter costs....since it will likely be just me looking to get out. I'll be bringing down a bunch of casting/jigging prototype lures and be looking mostly or inshore type action. Sounds like Capt Lora is a good one to talk to about this type of fishing.

Andrew,

I fished with him last March with my kids and a buddy. He was a great skipper and really took care of us. We wee not big game fishing by any means but he did put us on a bunch of reef fish and the kids had a blast.

His boat was in need of some work but was very fishy. We chartered the smaller one as we were not going off shore.

Look forward to hearing about your Mag Bay trip. I am headed that way from Cabo in a few weeks with Pendlington to have some fun.

Cheers

Andrew,

I fished with him last March with my kids and a buddy. He was a great skipper and really took care of us. We wee not big game fishing by any means but he did put us on a bunch of reef fish and the kids had a blast.

His boat was in need of some work but was very fishy. We chartered the smaller one as we were not going off shore.

Look forward to hearing about your Mag Bay trip. I am headed that way from Cabo in a few weeks with Pendlington to have some fun.

Cheers

Thanks! I'll look him up.

Mag Bay trip?? I wish i had one planned!

Back