2017 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

I went out last Wednesday with a partner and we ended up going 2 for 3 on smaller fish jigging again (1 around 8lb, 1 undersized, I lost mine) but haven't been out since. Waiting for the wind to be civilized and I might sneak out again. Haven't heard anything else from anyone tho.

heard there was a good coho bite on sat up near PH . I didnt make it up that way just fished around halfmoon /epson point with no luck. The whales put on a nice show for us on sat.

Had a great late season day out there today, started the morning with 2 lings and was able to move onto salmon early in the day. We trolled for a short while with no love, then went back to jigging with anchovie jigs and found some really nice action with several lost fish. We boxed an 11, 9 and an 8, all red. Got into a double header, I lost mine, my partner landed an undersized (safely released). Didn't see many people out at all, water was glass until noon. Pretty awesome way to stretch out the season Id say.

PS: I love jigging now, lol.

Haven't posted a report in while. I've been out quite regularly through the last three months. Fishing has been steady in our area, Trail Islands, Secret Cove, Bjerre Shoal. Been picking up my fish on bottom of what ever depth I'm fishing. Spoons and hoochies, greens and blacks in colour. Weather has been fairly good as well except for today, it poured.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jason

Haven't posted a report in while. I've been out quite regularly through the last three months. Fishing has been steady in our area, Trail Islands, Secret Cove, Bjerre Shoal. Been picking up my fish on bottom of what ever depth I'm fishing. Spoons and hoochies, greens and blacks in colour. Weather has been fairly good as well except for today, it poured.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jason

Appreciate the report! Just got up to Pender Harbour for a week of family time and we’ll certainly be dragging some gear around. Likely Bjerre Shoal/Francis Pt. tomorrow morning.

Merry Fish-mas!

Hi HL
Was Secret Cove really iced in on the water or was it the road down to the water?
Lure-washer
The marina was iced in. Ice is off now with the warmer temperatures. Soon as the temp is -3 or lower it freezes over. There is a large fresh water creek the runs into Secret Cove so you have quit a bit a fresh water diluting the water.

7C9F36F5-97B4-4CA8-956E-EAA8062CD825.jpeg 9D656A12-6314-4241-A4B3-3DCCA18D8BE4.jpeg 05FA1694-D9E0-4982-A877-308AB94D6465.jpeg There was a good amount of ice in Gun Boat Bay too! We went to visit some friends and had to ice break our way into their dock....which made the return trip easier. We went fishing for an hour after that and saw these guys water skiiing in Lee Bay!!

Over the week we fished only a couple times for a couple hours but picked up a nice 10lb spring for my grandpas freezer at Bjerre Shoal and released some smaller ones (3" anchovy spoon 160' of water and 240 on riggers).

Last edited:
Back