2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished West Van tonight ,seen almost every boat get into some fish , we got into 4 coho and 2 springs all the coho where wild ,also forgot.tje net in the truck and managed with out just had to be very patient hahaha!! Oh and got them all on bait 50 feet and up !

Double last year's but not as good as the past when its been around 200k

"
This measure is required as the 2017 forecast estimate of spawner abundance for
Harrison chinook is 64,476"

"The 2016 forecast estimate of terminal abundance to the Harrison River is
33,000 chinook"

Category(s):

RECREATIONAL - Salmon
Subject:
FN0975-RECREATIONAL - Salmon: Chinook - Region 2 - Harrison River - Non-Retention - Effective September 23, 2017

Effective one hour before sunrise on September 23, 2017 until further notice,
you may not retain chinook salmon on the Harrison River in Region 2.

This measure is required as the 2017 forecast estimate of spawner abundance for
Harrison chinook is 64,476 and this is less than the escapement goal range of
75,100 to 98,500 spawners.

Opportunities for other salmon stocks remain in place. Anglers are advised to
check http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/index-eng.html for details.

Variation Order: 2017-495

Weird how the Harrison white springs numbers have gone to **** ever since the FN chum roe net fishery has expanded.
I thought all the FN selective beach seining on the spawning beds of the Harrison for these springs would have increased their numbers. I'm sure more of the same in the future will help one of the largest lb for lb spring stocks on the Fraser.
Just think before all this FN netting increased, the Harrison saw almost 250000'return one fall.
Crazy what happens in only a few years...

Weird how the Harrison white springs numbers have gone to **** ever since the FN chum roe net fishery has expanded.
I thought all the FN selective beach seining on the spawning beds of the Harrison for these springs would have increased their numbers. I'm sure more of the same in the future will help one of the largest lb for lb spring stocks on the Fraser.
Just think before all this FN netting increased, the Harrison saw almost 250000'return one fall.
Crazy what happens in only a few years...

Just like recreational sockeye fishing is once every 4 years now.

Gorgeous evening here at sandheads. Had about 15 jacks to the boat. Haven't seen any nets nor any good boat to boat gossip.
Fishing solo for the first time. Would love to get some net action...

Back