2017 Tuna Adventures

I'm looking at going out tomorrow from Salmon Beach/Ukee if I can find a buddy boat or two and the weather holds. I'm in a 24' cat with twin 140 Zukes. I've gone out for tuna before from Bamtown but not in this boat. Anyone want to let another boat tag along?

There will more than likely be some Shootout boats out in the southern canyons on channel 69. I'll be out Mon-Tues and any decent weather days after that.

There will more than likely be some Shootout boats out in the southern canyons on channel 69. I'll be out Mon-Tues and any decent weather days after that.

same!!

Whiteside did a great bar q last night to kick things off... bring my tub out to play tomorrow afternoon :)

Will be coming up for it too. Just not sure exact days yet. Gotta get it planned with my fishing buddy. Will most likely be weekdays though if any of you guys want to buddy boat up too. I'll post up what days we are going.

Will be in Ukee on Wednesday night and staying till Sunday. Will be fishing Thur, Fri, Sat, if weather permits. Anyone heading out from the harbor there on Thurs morning and want to buddy boat up please PM me and we can exchange phone numbers etc..I know a couple guys are fishing out of there so hopefully we can all see each other out there. Got a couple boat names from a friend fishing out of there too Friday so will give a call out on 69 too when there. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Old tip for Tuna holding deep-put out a spread of small heavy lures waythehell back and cruise over the suspended fish.

Then determine when to stop so that your lures are among/below the fish then Step On It-put the boat in gear and rapidly increase speed so your lures tear through the suspended fish-this works once in a while but details differ I've only done it for YFT never Albies.

IMG_5999.JPG Just got back from a trip with all rivers in Westport. Nothing short of spectacular. We ran out 70 miles basically west from westport on Sunday. 5 guys in the boat and we plugged the boat with 45 fish. Over 400lbs. Of fillets.

We found birds and then found fish. Each bait stop we would get about 8-10 fish. I cannot say enough about how awesome the All rivers staff were. Ian our captain worked hard to find us fish while deck hand Nick made sure we got baits in the water and the fish cold.

My team were all tuna virgins and we are now part of the tuna addicts club.

View attachment 35286 Just got back from a trip with all rivers in Westport. Nothing short of spectacular. We ran out 70 miles basically west from westport on Sunday. 5 guys in the boat and we plugged the boat with 45 fish. Over 400lbs. Of fillets.

We found birds and then found fish. Each bait stop we would get about 8-10 fish. I cannot say enough about how awesome the All rivers staff were. Ian our captain worked hard to find us fish while deck hand Nick made sure we got baits in the water and the fish cold.

My team were all tuna virgins and we are now part of the tuna addicts club.

Headed out with 17 other guys on Friday. Our group booked three of the All Rivers boats.

We arrived in Ukee tonight. Heading out in the morning 5am. Loaded up with ice and ready to go. Will be on 69. If guys are heading out from the Ukee marina in the morning find us and we can team up on the search out there. Man did the warm water spread out far and wide out there today. Huge temp breaks all over the place with temps topping 64! Let there be blood! :) Good luck and stay safe!

Not sure how to post a picture but a commie tuna guy I follow on Instagram just posted a picture of a dead striped marlin 100 miles off the Columbia river in WA. Apparently one half of a double header.

2 boats are heading to Clayoquot canyon tomorrow on an exploratory mission

Back