Yes, what Aridhol said. I still have a bundle of it but don't know who sells this these days. Couldn't find it at IO some weeks back. Maybe I had gotten it at Wisebuys? Anyway, the main purpose I put these sleeves on the leader between treble and stinger is to protect the mono from being chewed up. The piece of line between the two hooks is most often right in the tooth zone and I used to inspect and often retie the stinger hook after every salmon. Got annoying so I found this concept. But with so many springs like yesterday, I had to switch leaders once anyway because the line above and below the treble got compromised.
Interesting. So that means you either have a thickish pink line down one side of your bait if the stinger is embedded, or a trailing "pink worm" if the stinger is left hanging. Either way I am surprised the bait roll is not compromised, since guys on here emphasise it's importance so much! LOL:)

Out in the kayak this morning at Sheringham, too late for low slack but I fished the flood for awhile for a few shakers but nothing keepable. Nevertheless It was great to get out in the yak! What a beautiful morning.
T2

Went out with Pachito in his boat today. Started out at Muir around 6:45 am and within 15 minutes had a hit on anchovy at 50’. A nice run ensued culminating in a long distance release, so we never saw the fish. A few hours went by as we trolled up and down the Muir area with a few other boats but no further action. Began running the gear deeper and finally we had another hit at 80’ in 105’ of water and this time we netted a decent 12lb fish. Decided to brave the huge armada at Otter on the next troll and did a couple of loops jostling through the crowds and managed only an unclipped coho which took anchovy at 100’, which we released. Decided the crowds were too much and headed down to Muir one more time before turning for home round the outside of Otter. We must have been in 200’ of water with one of the rods at 92’ and just as we were about to pack up it went off and we boated a decent 10lb fish to end the day. Superb day weather wise with some sporadic action from time to time to keep it interesting. Thx Pachito!!

Jigging for halibut in JDF yesterday. Not saying exactly where(it's a small area)
7 on in 3 hours. Lost 4 and 1 oversize. Kept 37 and 64
Also 22 lb lingcod and 2 yellow eye rockfish.
Also friend of mine caught an Atlantic off Beechey today

Nice looking fish there Roberth. I tried for some halibut the other day, just my spot had to many dogfish.

fished outside of secretary this am 7.30 to12.30 ......3 long line releases , probably pinks and that was all , very little action seen.................C.A.

21lb and 16 lb today. Muir to otter.
Did not see a lot of fish caught.

Beauty day.

Tips

Yeah I saw you heading in as I was just coming out of harbour mouth. It was spotty this evening but did see a number get caught at Otter. I lost a good one just when I got there then whales showed at crazy deep at 150ft. Went dead. As I was packing up to go home tonight got a 12lb spring. Took the anchovy on surface after popped it of the clip. Beautiful night on water. Tommorrow most likely will be a better day. Bigger floods should move more fish in.

Went out with Pachito in his boat today. Started out at Muir around 6:45 am and within 15 minutes had a hit on anchovy at 50’. A nice run ensued culminating in a long distance release, so we never saw the fish. A few hours went by as we trolled up and down the Muir area with a few other boats but no further action. Began running the gear deeper and finally we had another hit at 80’ in 105’ of water and this time we netted a decent 12lb fish. Decided to brave the huge armada at Otter on the next troll and did a couple of loops jostling through the crowds and managed only an unclipped coho which took anchovy at 100’, which we released. Decided the crowds were too much and headed down to Muir one more time before turning for home round the outside of Otter. We must have been in 200’ of water with one of the rods at 92’ and just as we were about to pack up it went off and we boated a decent 10lb fish to end the day. Superb day weather wise with some sporadic action from time to time to keep it interesting. Thx Pachito!!
Went out in this this morning from Fleming beach at 800 am after dropping of four crab traps at esq lagoon to Otter Pt in the thick fog it took us a while. Joined the armada around 9 am counted up to 50 boats once the fog lifted and picked up a 14 lb chum at 10, Saw lots of boats getting hits from 10 to 11 but most were releasing them as they appeared small or were wild coho. Gave up around 230 with no other bites and headed back for our loaded crap traps....Four traps gave up one keeper, no under sized or female craps in any of the other traps not sure where the crab have gone but area usually produces your limit. Great whale show while pulling traps at least 6 orcas and one large male. Flat calm day except for the morning fog. Will post video if someone can tell me how to upload iphone video to this site.

Fished from 10:00-4:30 monday out of Pedder. Fished church rock, william head, aldridge, made a pass in beachy head before gettin pushed out by the armada, trap, bedford and not a single bite until 4:00 which was a tiny ling. Tried lemon lime chartreuse blade flasher, bloody nose teaser, no bananas skinny g, outfitter skinny g, blue nickel skinny g, and a glow green hootchie. Been fishing about once a week or so this summer and only ended up with a few pinks this year :(

Two hatch coho's for us. 6&10, both on bait. Couple small chinooks. Good bite off Otter from 10-1130 then pretty quiet the rest of the day as the whales came down.

Hit the solo night bite at otter. Landed a 17#, and lost one very similiar size at the boat. Highlight of the day was a scrappy wild coho around 12lbs. Jump outta water 3 times. Tailed it solo for a safe release but fishing solo and worrying about the fish suffering injury did not allow for a pic. Great night & great weather!

7:00am to 2:30 and not much to show.
One small pink and one clipped coho.

Good bbq fare anyway :)

Beautiful day on the water.

Got a 12# and a 8# on bait.
A lil stinky Pinky. Lol and 12 wild ho's
Kids loved the double headers. But they had to go back.

When are wild ho's legal?

Kids had a blast weather was great.

Was out today 8:30-4:30 fished around secretary was slow didn't see much action we managed 4 coho landed 3 of which were clipped some shakers and lost a couple more larger fish. Saw lots of Orca activity early, beautiful day.

Out today from 7-2 again and picked up 2 small hatchery coho.
No springs and no good hits. Not sure if I can't find em or doing something wrong or both.

Out today from 7-2 again and picked up 2 small hatchery coho.
No springs and no good hits. Not sure if I can't find em or doing something wrong or both.

Very slow for Springs this weekend for us as well.
Are the Sooke River fish showing yet?
Is there still a late run of Springs to come?

Back