2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was second boat out at sand heads this morning,,that meant 1 stink. UMM pink, missed one good bite then really quiet till midday...bite came on at 1130,we were about to pull gear and got a 22# buck spring. Left right after net got in boat

I guarantee you that the bell and the cap will be ON FIRE tomorrow. Everyone fish over there. Sand Heads will be choppy and there aren't any fish there anyways. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter it changes daily. If u can't figure it out it's not fishing
Well this is a fishing reports forum. When I'm fishing less than 24 hours after a guy that did ok it's nice to know what's been working. Doesn't mean I'm going to do exactly what he did but I might try it out on one rod. So yah it does matter to me. Is that alright or am I now banished from the super cool guys group?

Last edited:
Sorry guys, got them at Sandheads on chovies at around 77 ft. Lost a few others that broke my leader.
Thanks man! :)
Always appreciated. I'll be heading out tomorrow first light. You've scratched my pre-game excitement itch.

I got out from 2-7 for a solo tour Fished just south of n arm. My chovies we're soft and the belly's were blowing out so ran some hootchies and spoons.
Got a 16 lb. White on a 3.5 kitchen sink coyote at 57 ft. Also lost a screamer on an Irish creme skinny g spat the hook as it broke the surface
A guy I trolled by had a nice hog. . Asked me if I had a scale before he held it up. Said he got at 35ft. Seemed to be lots of bait around

Pushed off from LGM around 2:30 and just as we were heading out a tinny came in with a tyee and one just under so the slabs are out there...Sandheads. We fished the usual suspects and got taken by a ton of undersized which makes me think things are going deeper...had a screamer snap the leader and lost a couple during amateur hour. All in all, it was mostly a cruise and secondarily a fish so while nothing in the box there are tons of signs of life. I bet tomorrow early is going to be bonkers. Cheers.

Fished North Arm area from 10- 1 and tried staying away from the fleet of boats. Saw a bunch of fish caught. I caught 3 fine fish and lost 1 nice spring at the boat. Solo fishing has its challenges with the net though. Btw, super nice guy and his buddy helped me launch at macDonald. Was super friendly, lowered my main and turned on the electronics while I parked the trailer. Probably saved me 20 mins.

Yes that was me turned out to be 32lbs on the scale and 33.5 by the measurements either way a great time fishing with my 8 year old daughter who had a great laugh as the other rod went off as well.
20170901_203825.jpg 20170901_183545.jpg IMG_2240.jpg
Got wrapped around the other rigger so it was touch and go for a while. When it hit it went straight down. Lots of fun.
I got out from 2-7 for a solo tour Fished just south of n arm. My chovies we're soft and the belly's were blowing out so ran some hootchies and spoons.
Got a 16 lb. White on a 3.5 kitchen sink coyote at 57 ft. Also lost a screamer on an Irish creme skinny g spat the hook as it broke the surface
A guy I trolled by had a nice hog. . Asked me if I had a scale before he held it up. Said he got at 35ft. Seemed to be lots of bait around

Lots of action as we arrived about 7:30. Landed a just legal spring, then it died off. Not seeing anyone reaching for their nets. 4 dogfish so far.
Trying anchovies, Squirt and S G.

Yes that was me turned out to be 32lbs on the scale and 33.5 by the measurements either way a great time fishing with my 8 year old daughter who had a great laugh as the other rod went off as well.
View attachment 35180 View attachment 35181 View attachment 35182
Got wrapped around the other rigger so it was touch and go for a while. When it hit it went straight down. Lots of fun.
Awesome fish and what a great way to spend time with your daughter.

View attachment 35180 View attachment 35181 View attachment 35182
Congrats on the fish !! I was the guy in the river you talked too with my son in the Lund. I was close guessed 30 for sure . There was a lot of bait fish out there around 5: 30 6 o'clock PM on the surface. The porpoise were slurping them up .

Back