Top fuel stabilizer and best place to buy in lower mainland

I just had major issues with bad gas and my motor.Going to be putting in fuel stabilizer regularly.

What's the best product out there from your experience and where is best on price?

Cheers.

I always just used Sta-Bil. Seems to work fine but I don't leave the boat for any longer than 2-3 months.

I always just used Sta-Bil. Seems to work fine but I don't leave the boat for any longer than 2-3 months.

Sta-bil or the MotoMaster Fuel Stabilizer brand at Canadian Tire is all I have used for years in the outboard, generator, lawnmower etc.

A 1L bottle will treat up to 300L. In the fall, I add the stabilizer then let them run for about 10 minutes. I usually add some more again after about 5 months just to be sure.

I use Evinrude 2 + 4 stabilizer, boat would sit all winter (6 months sometimes) with no fuel issues. You can get it at Evinrude dealers.

Costco sells Shell non ethonal premium gas, and marine fuel is non ethonal. Add Stabilizer and you're good.

My Honda 4 stroke doesn't work with anything but non-ethanol gas. I learned this the hard way. Had to beach the boat at a local park and walk all the way to a Shell station to fill the jerrycan. It's a bit expensive these days but then you get to save on carb/ fuel system cleaning and also enjoy ur time on the water.
I don't add Seafoam during the boating season when fueling is done more regularly but between late fall- spring Seafoam is a must to balance out the air moisture and keep the circuit clean. One shot mixed in a 10 litre can of Shell V Power is what i need for my boat engine, trimmer and lawn mower in early November.

Last edited:
Most co-op's here on the island have marked gas. No ethanol.
I have made a point of buying marked gas for that very reason. However recently I took my new kicker in for its one year check and when I was asked if I had any problems I said it was slow warming up and stalled. The service rep immediately asked if I was using marked gas as it clogged carbs??? I said I did, got the eye roll and a lecture on the evils of dye. First I heard about marked gas being a problem!!

I used the lucas ethanol blend worked well for me. Was designed to be use with fuel that has ethanol in it. The Ethanol is a real killer especially in small carb of 4 stroke kickers. I bought it at Lordco. I don't believe in the marked fuel myth we use it in like 60 machines at work with no trouble. I often would buy marked fuel for my boat with no trouble

There's nothing wrong with marked fuel. That service rep was talking out of his butt.
Beyond me and my family personally using it for decades its used by larger fleets as well with no issues.

I just had major issues with bad gas and my motor.Going to be putting in fuel stabilizer regularly.

What's the best product out there from your experience and where is best on price?

Cheers.
Did some research and Chevron Techron has been highly rated. I fill up at Chevron stations and the Chevron marine station at Steveston. I buy marked marine grade gas whenever possible. I understand Chevron puts Techron in all grades of gas, unlike some of the other majors. Bottles of a Techron can be bought in the US, not in Canada. Blaine or Point Roberts for those in the lower mainland.

I use Star brite from Lordco for longer term storage. Hope this is useful.

Back