2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Saw someone get their pee pee slapped by DFO, probably barbed hooks. They drove up to us after they gave them a ticket: "Fishing barbless hooks?"

"Yup, all pinched."

"Ok have a good one."

Went all afternoon with nothing but shakers after the screamer spat the hook on the surface. Wind calmed down a bit and either way, it was a beauty day to be out. Good run of fishing, now it's work and school for the next 2 weeks, which is when the next push of fish will undoubtedly move in.

I had a chat with them today at the North arm and they told me they're writing two books a day of tickets, all for barb's, he said approximately 75% of boats

Lots the first three hits we got at the light ship. One bent a mustad hook :(
Others flipped at the surface or just ????

Finally landed a nice teenager and a 20? Lb er that just screamed out the line as another boat watched right beside us. Fairly lumpy and we called it quits when the wind picked up around 6

Hits were all on anchovies or herring except one hit on flaming Hans spoon
Fished 80ft- all day

Attachments

• IMG_4243.JPG
    IMG_4243.JPG
    553.6 KB · Views: 98
I had a chat with them today at the North arm and they told me they're writing two books a day of tickets, all for barb's, he said approximately 75% of boats
Checked myself and all was good .... don't buy it that you still had a barb on by mistake ...... Geeees (whats next "sorry thought that Sock was a Chin " ... can't fix stupid I guess)

Anyone at sandheads care to give a live wind report this morning? We're thinking of heading that way for high tide

What a difference some NW makes! Counted around 70 boats Sat at Sandheads, and only 13 on Sunday afternoon when it was blowing 15+
Blowing barely 15 now

FYI, in that lump only 2 of the 13 were visible on a reasonably decent commercial radar that had been properly set up. Radar reflectors a good idea when fishing in some swell, especially on the darker colored boats. Was very surprised how invisible a blue aluminum hard top was, looked like a kingfisher / thunderjet style. White boats show up better until it blows 20, and then they are hard to distinguish amongst the white caps.

Good luck out there boys!

anyone have a report for sandheads chop/wind right now? says 10 knots now but not sure if there is leftover from this morning...

Fished the bell on Saturday morning with 1 spring and 1 coho boxed; a few others shook loose. Sunday morning at the bell was much quieter, 1 red spring boxed 15ish lbs. All on chovies, all on flood.

Back