Sick of shakers.Tips please

Any tips or tricks to keep them off would be much appreciated.Their even hitting cut plugs and Anchovies.Other than regular plugs any other tips?

If you are feel bad you can fish your rod without a flasher and use a dummy flasher. Atlest that way you can tell when thoes 8 inch ones hit. The other day I got 2 on one hootchy that's the first time that's ever happen. need a flasher tho if your using hootchies.

but bait and spoons you can use dummy flashers

Any tips or tricks to keep them off would be much appreciated.Their even hitting cut plugs and Anchovies.Other than regular plugs any other tips?
Size up an inch longer ...try cuttlefish hootchie..or next size up kijikki or full size brown turd hootchie, slow down a little and when hitting immature fish bring the riggers up at 30 foot intervals til you find mature fish

I always wondered if mature fish were higher or lower than the smaller guys in the water column.
Sometimes get into a bunch of shakers and don't know which way to go.

I always wondered if mature fish were higher or lower than the smaller guys in the water column.
Sometimes get into a bunch of shakers and don't know which way to go.

I find the shakers and pipsqueeks are usually shallower.....but going deeper doesn't mean you wont avoid them totally.

I find the shakers and pipsqueeks are usually shallower.....but going deeper doesn't mean you wont avoid them totally.
I have always found the opposite but I believe it is location dependent. The best way I have found is simply bigger lures/baits.

I just suck it up and bring more bait.
But I find when I have it dialed in and I'm hitting them I don't catch the little guys.
Usually I figure out that I'm travelling with a current and I need to go faster. You can misjudge easily if you're fishing shallow with a 20# ball.

not sure about other areas in BC but thoes fishing the fraser river estuary will find it pretty hard to avoid the 8 inch chinook. From the Bell all the way down to sand heads I have ran into them.

not sure about other areas in BC but thoes fishing the fraser river estuary will find it pretty hard to avoid the 8 inch chinook. From the Bell all the way down to sand heads I have ran into them.
Good point, I noticed that today at T10 and Sandheads. I fish mostly in the Gulf Islands and Puget Sound, when the shakers school up there's always somewhere else to go. Move when you can.

Good point, I noticed that today at T10 and Sandheads. I fish mostly in the Gulf Islands and Puget Sound, when the shakers school up there's always somewhere else to go. Move when you can.

I find it's worse when there is big low tides, I think they just get pushed out follow the bait. That being said i've hit them on high tide as well.

Back