Bacon and eggs pan holder

23Hourston

So you got no time to make breakfast in the morning. We have all been there. Got to to get out to the boat right! go go go. Couple hours go by too early for lunch. Then you smell it. Someone is making bacon and eggs on a boat up ahead.... just kills ya knowing Yup. So i put in a 3 burner and so i will be that boat. Question how do you guys keep the frying pan on the burner.
Bacon grease is very slippery
And next to impossible to get off the floor. Let's see some frying pan/ pot securing holder devices

We cook on boat all the time, but bacon is a no no on my boat. To much of a mess and grease is a fire hazard. We use sliced ham and make egg Mcmuffin's for breakfast with Baileys and coffee.

I never cook while underway!! We are on the hook! Coffee is perc'd the night before and placed in a theremos,homemade muffins, Jam, Pre-cooked bacon,hard boiled eggs,croissants, fruit and we are underway in less than 1/2 hour. Usually cook supper around 5ish-make coffee for morning then fish til dark. Even though I have a Wallas glass top stove I think cooking while underway is asking for trouble!! My 2 cents!

We only cook on the hook or trolling in calm weather never in the chop. I just have a Coleman stove and put that on one of those anti-slip mats. Works great and stores easy and still have lots of counter space. Dinner is on the BBQ and is always steak and chopped potatoes and onions and carrots wrapped in tinfoil or survivor dinner, which is what ever we catch.

Last edited:
Cook going downhill or with the waves. As soon as the boat goes sideways to the waves the frying pan slides off the barbecue. Use a tote to keep your stuff in. This way the grease only messes it up not the boat

I do my eggs in a muffin tray covered with tinfoil on the BBQ and my bacon in a baking tray covered in tinfoil again on the BBQ. You can use the grease to stop your eggs from sticking or canola spray whichever you prefer. I prefer the disposable trays but either will work one way just means no dishes to do.

I used to cook on a commercial fish boat back in the 70's. The stove I cooked on had a stainless steel rail that went around the perimeter of the cooking surface and was raised about 2 inches above the stove top. In rough seas you would place your pans on the stove then hold them in place with these adjustable metal arms that would clamp onto the stainless steel rail. Solved the problem of your frying pan/pots or coffee pot from sliding around. Didn't solve the problem of your eggs sloshing from side to side and soon to become scrambled eggs. Take a slice of bread and if your a perfectionist like myself take an inverted glass and press/twist/turn the glass on the bread making a nice neat round hole in the center of the bread. Place piece of bread in frying pan crack egg in hole of bread. This will keep you from having scrambled eggs every morning in rough seas.

I used to make those at home, let alone on a boat. They were awesome. Haven't had one of them for years. Might have to try it again on the boat. LOL

Oly

Back