2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

fished south saturna yesterday. lots of small shakers (i mean lots, put the bait away and still all over the spoons), and a few big shakers. nothing legal.

fished south saturna yesterday. lots of small shakers (i mean lots, put the bait away and still all over the spoons), and a few big shakers. nothing legal.
Sounds like the first round is coming in....the small ones running from the big ones maybe ;). Might try tomorrow.....just not sure where yet.

5;30am till 12:30pm along the north shore to point Atkinson. Not a bite. Is anyone getting anything? I did not see one net getting dipped today at all.

Went out today 10- 230 and headed for t10.
Stopped halfway from na and trolled up. Got 3 Dogfish on the bait pretty quick even getting them on a pretty quick troll so thru down spoons and a pink hootchie but only caught 2 small grisle. Allot of seals in area but also some thick bait. It was boiling on the surface and the finder was lighting up with balls everywhere. Reminded me of the big sockeye year and the huge schools around. Finder even did the 169ft to 27ft back to 169ft over one school. Back at Milltown saw 2 boats come in with a fish. Both teen springs. From the bell. One at 80ft Irish cream spoon just before tide change. The other at 60ft on chovie gold chrome head.
I got to fish uki Tofino and Van this week and was generally slow all over. Got fish but certainly not hot fishing. Will be out again tomorrow Bell or t10. Mo

Fished south Bowen today , from 11 to 4:30 pm today not a sniff. There was some activities below the boat but no bite at all. Ended the day with a nasty tangle and lost a canon , flasher and my favorite lure.

Single teener at the light ship today, 60' on chovy, chartreuse everything. Couple pinks and coho at the North shore
Lots of boats but didn't see any other nets.
Quite the grind lately but there seems to be one on each tide change, at the Bell, Cowan, qa, light

Single teener at the light ship today, 60' on chovy, chartreuse everything. Couple pinks and coho at the North shore
Lots of boats but didn't see any other nets.
Quite the grind lately but there seems to be one on each tide change, at the Bell, Cowan, qa, light

What or where is the lightship. Haven't heard of that. Thanks

Reports of pinks sighted last night around Sunset Marina. Trolled area starting at 6. Lots of fish on the screen but no takers. Trolled some of the shoreline up to Furry Creek. Shoreline packed with fishermen and many more boats hugging the shoreline. Saw schools travel along the shoreline rolling up top and just a few lucky ones catching one. Headed next to Britannia Beach and saw some caught there. No luck from the boat so drove to mouth of the Squamish. Some showing but too rough to fish properly. Think a few weeks early for fishing the bluffs to the west side. Headed back to Furry Creek to more anglers but looks like the morning bit had disappeared and you had to work to get one. Nice to see the pinks have started to show up in the Sound. Should get better each day.

Had a good day on the water. About 8 hook ups. Landed a few unders. Lost 2 low teens at boat. Got 18 lb white. Nice wild coho about 8 lbs released. Also sockeye released. Lost a pink as well.
Calm till noon. Then a bit chunky for the ride home.

Had a good day on the water. About 8 hook ups. Landed a few unders. Lost 2 low teens at boat. Got 18 lb white. Nice wild coho about 8 lbs released. Also sockeye released. Lost a pink as well.
Calm till noon. Then a bit chunky for the ride home.
Damn 4 species in one day. That is fishing!!! And no dogs! Where and how deep?

Back