2017 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Not nice seas this morning but I was set on getting my lines wet. Started at Epsom and hit a screamer right away bright and early. Fought it for a long while then made a bad decision to tighten my drag, it exploded for the depths and snapped me off, ouch!! Low teens, super hot tho! Gave it a couple more hours and not another sniff so bombed over to Upwood, got 2 undersized and a wild coho, all 3 hard fighting little fish. No keepers today but some good action. Water was a little crazy coming back so packed it in early and headed for home.

Last edited:
Made the run up to sangsters last night, nothing didn't see any caught either, gave upwood a quick scrub on the way home... nothing, seems to be the common result the past few weeks for me aside from the odd one. Saw a pod of orcas just past Epsom on the way across and a couple of them were fairly impressive so that helped to ease the pain!! Hopefully things pick up or are being more productive for the rest of you!!

Hopefully picks up a bit for those entering in the derby this weekend.

Havent heard any myself, but its been nice in the evenings - to bad Ive been to lazy to launch the boat lol. Hoping to put in a full shift at Sangster/Upwood on Saturday, wind permitting.

It's still been slow around here for me, got a decent one this week at pirate rock but other than that it was slow and the same for everyone I've talked too.

It's still been slow around here for me, got a decent one this week at pirate rock but other than that it was slow and the same for everyone I've talked too.

im surprised you didnt get sealed off pirate rock that place is a breading ground for seals lol glad to hear you got one in the boat

Wind put a damper on the weekend for sure but I hit Quarry late afternoon as the wind died out and found a sweet 14 lb screamer. Pesca leprechaun at 80 ft.

I picked up a nice 12 lbs fish on the inside of Epsom and lost one today around 1:00 in 140' and at 110' on the rigger with white hoochie.

Went down to the boat to do a little work. Finished and decided to head out around 8 pm. Gear down at Epsom tons of bait balls, landed a 29 lber on a pesca homeland spoon. Great battle. Lost two in the mid teens on a speckled back hootchie. The 29 was 77 ft down in 90 ft of water. Hopefully things are on the up around secret cove!
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG

Scrubbed Epsom hard last night, 5-9pm. 1 small coho and a couple of dogs. No springs. Barely any bait. Fish must have taken the night off or didn't like the smoke :eek:

Gonna hit the inlet sunday and cruise around for some Pinks to cast at.

Went out yesterday afternoon, slugged it across to Upwood. Trolled around and didn't have any luck so made the move to bjerrie shoal. Found bait balls right away on the south end. Picked up a nice mid teen on a 602 4" tubby.

Fished Bjerrie shoal yesterday early afternoon, lots of bait picked one up on the 602. All the bait disappeared.
Went over to Epsom trolled around released 5 fish all low teens to 10 lbs, and boxed a 18lber. All on 602 tubby. All fish picked up in tide lines right on bottom of what ever depth I was fishing.

Did well again late this afternoon. Made it out by 530 went to Epsom, same thing as last night but no weeds. Fish right on bottom. Bait disappeared and it got a little choppy so I went to Bjerrie, flat calm, lots of bait, released a couple of low teens. In the slip by 8 to clean fish and the boat.

Back