GA Check Point Port Moody

Marsman

Hi, does anyone know if GA in Deep Cove is open tomorrow? I had some work done including an impeller on a 40hp and went to check it out before my trip to Nootka on Thursday morning and it stopped pumping water. Fired it up and seemed fine. Rev'd it up and down a bit then nothing. Seems like the impeller slipped the key on the shaft. No water and didn't let it run.

Thanks, Rob

Did you make sure the tell tale was not plugged. Push a wd 40 straw in the hole. Could be salt.

Pull the telltale tube off the exhaust water jacket. If it sprays out from your block, you have water pressure and you just need to unclog the telltale line.

Hi, does anyone know if GA in Deep Cove is open tomorrow? I had some work done including an impeller on a 40hp and went to check it out before my trip to Nootka on Thursday morning and it stopped pumping water. Fired it up and seemed fine. Rev'd it up and down a bit then nothing. Seems like the impeller slipped the key on the shaft. No water and didn't let it run.

Thanks, Rob
Are you sure lots of motors have a thermostat they need to warm up

I have never came across an outboard motor that didn't "pee" until the t-stat opened. Everyone I have owned or have watched startup "pee" almost instantly.

Mine didn't pee until the mud wasp that had decided to build a home in the tube came flushing out. Second time this has happened.

Back