Launch ramps

There must be at least one waterfront park around where a ramp could be built on lower mainland. I am reading about Sunset charging 29 bucks and Lions Gate 40 bucks to launch. This isn't right

We have a free ramp in Oak bay, it's rough concrete with no docks
but it gets lot's of use from the locals.

Figure out the property value of a ramp and trailer lot anywhere close to Van that's suitable for a launch...

Figure out the property value of a ramp and trailer lot anywhere close to Van that's suitable for a launch...
OP said "minimal cost" and thta is a very subjective term. I guess if you are in the tri-cities area, minimal cost is in the $25/day (parking fee @ Rocky Point Park). If you are in North/West Van, that could be in the $35/day range. This is insane but as long as the public is willing to pay that kind of $$, they will just keep milking us boaters...

We've lost the free West Van ramp for the time being. A number of boaters have banned together and call themselves the Ambelside Boaters Group. They have been working diligently for over a year to either get the old one reinstated or for West Van to provide another one at some possible location. Their was a West Van council meeting about 10 days ago where we could have really used some bodies and some speakers especially West Van taxpayers. If anyone is interested pm me and I will forward contact info for the group so you can be kept in the loop.

I realize this question is not the point of this thread....but if you don't mind...
What, if any tide limitations are there at Rocky Point and Cates? How low is too low? 17 ft, single axle. Thanks.

As for the theme of the thread it seems that everything but riding a bike or paddling a kayak is deemed "luxury" these days and therefore they tax the hell out of it, one way or the other....and you're evil too!

I've never had a problem launching at Cates or Rocky Point. I love Rocky Point, even though it is $30. If I had 4 stroke outboards I would use it everytime and run up from there. My old 115 isn't too friendly on fuel though.

I generally use Horseshoe Bay and pay the $30. The 3 trailer parking spots is the problem though... We recently launched at Vanier on a friends boat and that is only $20. A little longer run to bowen though.

New boat will be single or twin four strokes and I would be launching rocky point everytime because the run isn't bad, and I live in PoCo. The launch is big, lots of dock space.

Reactions: abl
I've never had a problem launching at Cates or Rocky Point. I love Rocky Point, even though it is $30. If I had 4 stroke outboards I would use it everytime and run up from there. My old 115 isn't too friendly on fuel though.

Rocky Point launch is $20.70 - not $30.00 unless they just increased the fee within the last month?

I realize this question is not the point of this thread....but if you don't mind...
What, if any tide limitations are there at Rocky Point and Cates? How low is too low? 17 ft, single axle. Thanks.

No tide limitations at either launch.

Rocky Point launch (taken Dec. 2016.)
2016-12-16_00123.jpg

As for the theme of the thread it seems that everything but riding a bike or paddling a kayak is deemed "luxury" these days and therefore they tax the hell out of it, one way or the other....and you're evil too!
Of course you also have heard ICBC rate going up 30 %? On top of that everyone will be losing their good driver rating and put to same as everyone else. These days you are better to be a terrorist and get paid off by Canadian government lol

I generally use Horseshoe Bay and pay the $30. The 3 trailer parking spots is the problem though... We recently launched at Vanier on a friends boat and that is only $20. A little longer run to bowen though.

New boat will be single or twin four strokes and I would be launching rocky point everytime because the run isn't bad, and I live in PoCo. The launch is big, lots of dock space.

Omg 30.00!! I guess that's typical mainland price.

$20 at Vanier or purchase a years pass for $150. Mine has paid for itself by the time mid May rolled around.

Stevston ramp 15.00/ only a single launcher and the parking lot has been taken over by old ****** boat and dock materials. Still pretty good straight out front or shoot across

Back