2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Any updates on reports off T 10, Lightship, North Arm , QA ....... Would appreciate some sharing .....

Good luck to all.

HT

T10-Middle of English Bay. Barren. More than 200 rod hours by people and fewer than a handful of fish (mature Chinooks) since last Wednesday. Confirmed.

Any updates on reports off T 10, Lightship, North Arm , QA ....... Would appreciate some sharing .....

Good luck to all.

HT

3 days ago it became a dead sea, up until then I was managing a single keeper (15-20#) on each tide around the Bell/QA.

Thanks so much to all you respondents ...... Greatly appreciated. Having moved out the valley further and trailering makes it a big big issue ...... And in many cases all for not.

Will report in when I do get out.

Thanks to you that responded, I think I'll wait till things get better.

That said, last week to two weeks ago, buddies off Renfrew were hitting some huge whites, numbers from mid twenties to a couple in the forties, of which the Seals took several. When is DFO going to wake up and do something to manage the Dump Bears of the sea, Seals and Sea lions.

HT

Thanks so much to all you respondents ...... Greatly appreciated. Having moved out the valley further and trailering makes it a big big issue ...... And in many cases all for not.

Will report in when I do get out.

Thanks to you that responded, I think I'll wait till things get better.

That said, last week to two weeks ago, buddies off Renfrew were hitting some huge whites, numbers from mid twenties to a couple in the forties, of which the Seals took several. When is DFO going to wake up and do something to manage the Dump Bears of the sea, Seals and Sea lions.

HT
Dump bears!!!! Im sorry but im going to have to steal that one. I can even trade you one. I call seagulls "Wingrats"...and on that note....

Saturday morning we fished Bell/Qa, then atkinson, then cowan, roger curtis, tunstall and then the hump. 4 sharks and one undersize nook and one wingrat that tried to steal my chovie before I could drop the ball down. One of the sharks was caught by the flasher and not the hook.

Dump bears!!!! Im sorry but im going to have to steal that one. I can even trade you one. I call seagulls "Wingrats"...and on that note....

Seagulls called Wingrats ...... Hell no, them guys are called Italian Snow Geese ......... Cause years ago, them Italians on the foreshore would shout ...... snow Geese! Bang bang bang ...... Opps Seagulls lol.

T10-Middle of English Bay. Barren. More than 200 rod hours by people and fewer than a handful of fish (mature Chinooks) since last Wednesday. Confirmed.
3 days ago it became a dead sea, up until then I was managing a single keeper (15-20#) on each tide around the Bell/QA.
I had two nice fish to the boat on friday am off the bell but lost them both (first time fishing solo, netting was a challenge). Was back out for longer on sat and didnt see a fish caught. Lots of bait though.

"Dump bears!!!! Im sorry but im going to have to steal that one. I can even trade you one. I call seagulls "Wingrats"...and on that note....

Seagulls called Wingrats ...... Hell no, them guys are called Italian Snow Geese ......... Cause years ago, them Italians on the foreshore would shout ...... snow Geese! Bang bang bang ...... Opps Seagulls lol."

Everyone knows they are called Sh t Hawks.

Looking back to reports from the the last few years (odd) there were a ton of pinks around by the third week of July. Is anyone noticing their numbers increasing out in West Van or Howe Sound?

Looking back to reports from the the last few years (odd) there were a ton of pinks around by the third week of July. Is anyone noticing their numbers increasing out in West Van or Howe Sound?
It will be a very poor year for Squamish Pink's as there was a number of high water flooding events during the time they spawning. Escapements were about one-fifth of what they were for the last two cycles. Barely any pink surround so far

I have heard zero reports of pinks in any number ANYWHERE yet. Looks to me like some sort of epic collapse of that stock unless I'm missing something....? 2 years ago it was pretty ridiculous around mid to late July in the whole Georgia basin.

Back