2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Reports...

W. Van fisheries to Atkinson in the Ebb and Pink-Bridge late in the Flood. 20-60 for Coho and the odd Pink. Raspberry Ripple, Mini White, Apexes and Small Anchovies are working.

Cowan- Roger Curtis from 50-120 with Green Spackleback, White Glow, And Purple Haze Hoochies and Anchovies are working for hi pls from under to legal to 17 pounds. pinks in there too and A few coho.

Odd Chinook around elsewhere. Howe Sound has been relatively slow the past few days.

W. Van fisheries to Atkinson in the Ebb and Pink-Bridge late in the Flood. 20-60 for Coho and the odd Pink. Raspberry Ripple, Mini White, Apexes and Small Anchovies are working.

Cowan- Roger Curtis from 50-120 with Green Spackleback, White Glow, And Purple Haze Hoochies and Anchovies are working for hi pls from under to legal to 17 pounds. pinks in there too and A few coho.

Odd Chinook around elsewhere. Howe Sound has been relatively slow the past few days.

Well duh ;)

WTH is up with this ancient Bayliner hulk in the parking lot @ Vanier?

The trailer has a valid plate and looks able to roll but is someone really paying daily rates to store it there?

20170721_085227[1].jpg

WTH is up with this ancient Bayliner hulk in the parking lot @ Vanier?

The trailer has a valid plate and looks able to roll but is someone really paying daily rates to store it there?

View attachment 34439

Kicked out of Burrard Civic. Used to be moored there--owner clearly is looking at that parking lot as a storage option. Looks to me like money is an issue as there are barnacles scraped off it and the boat is well on its way to ruin---guess the owner couldn't afford bottom paint...and clearly otherwise....

Was at Cowan today after a few weeks out of commission. A few boats had action early including us. One keeper at about 6:45. 70ish', 3" spoon, name escapes me, sorry. green and white basically. A few other shakers throughout the morning on white hootchie at about 80' and another keeper on "the last pass" at about 11:50 on a naked skinny G Bon Chovy @ 100'. Maybe back out tomorrow.

Making the trip across this morning - I'll post crossing conditions once we get there
Was thinking of crossing to Gabriola too until I woke up and saw forecast. Let me know! Just headed to Burrard Civic.

Update: just crossed to grande in the 18 CC. 2' chop or so, stayed dry. Water is beauty tucked in by Grande. 6-10 boats here.

1 in the boat, small.

Last edited:
Fished from 10-4, started at Grande, picked up one barely legal. Then moved down to Entrance and found a better fish and a hatch ho. Action was deeeep and chovys got stripped a few times un noticed down 200+ on riggers. Pod of orcas headed towards Entrance as we were running back to Van.

Also of note: not accusing but when I pulled up to my crab traps these guys were sitting within 40 yards of my 2 traps, puller on the side, boozing, and both pots came up raided with no other pots nearby(apologies for sideways photo, on my phone, I know it drives a few of you nuts!):p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Fished from 10-4, started at Grande, picked up one barely legal. Then moved down to Entrance and found a better fish and a hatch ho. Action was deeeep and chovys got stripped a few times un noticed down 200+ on riggers. Pod of orcas headed towards Entrance as we were running back to Van.

Also of note: not accusing but when I pulled up to my crab traps these guys were sitting within 40 yards of my 2 traps, puller on the side, boozing, and both pots came up raided with no other pots nearby(apologies for sideways photo, on my phone, I know it drives a few of you nuts!):p

Looks like you got yourself an entry into Harbour Chandler's Spot the Dot contest! http://www.harbourchandler.ca/spot-the-dot. Last week there was only one entry, so you have a good chance at winning this week's $100 gift certificate if you enter...

I'd be surprised one of the charter companies listed on their website would be so blatantly raiding traps and then hanging around afterwards. I'd guess its a matter of wrong place / wrong time wrt to your traps and just enjoying a brewski at the end of a charter.

That's my boat, and I guarranty I got raided by the same person as you many many times.
If I remember you, I was under way when you took that pic, returning to the river. (If that was yesterday)
No offense taken, I know how frustrating theft is.
And definitely enter that pic!
Tight lines

I don't leave traps at ubc unattended this year by the way. I get tons of crab if I loiter, and zero if I don't, every single time. I even zip tie my door, and it gets cut. It only takes one hour at 70' with chicken to get 8, so I recommend hanging out some time, out further west at the edge.

Last edited:
you just wish your boat saw as much action as that boat

A couple of years ago when I moored at B.C. that boat looked Shiny New, and often saw a couple of young guys/girls in it. Too bad its deteriorated that quickly.

Knock knock anyone there ? Forum sure is quiet - hopefully a new push of fish shows up this week - haven't seen many reports of fish caught in good numbers since last week

Any updates on reports off T 10, Lightship, North Arm , QA ....... Would appreciate some sharing .....

Good luck to all.

HT

Back