Wanted: KeelGuard

Prep is the key to getting a good finished product.
Acetone to remove all wax, and then a light sand to remove surface for a good bond.
another set of hands helps.

What is the max speed for the keel guard?

Probably going to seal the edge after install with some 4200 sealant as well, im pretty hard on the bottom..

What do you need them for? Just curious.
So you don't have to do a keel repair when you, for example, hit the cross member on your trailer loading your boat because the trailer wasn't in deep enough. Turned out it was cheaper for me to put the keel guard on my Striper after I did the above than replace the gelcoat after the bruise in the keel was repaired. Of course I haven't done anything that would damage the keel since I had the guard installed, but am fully prepared if I do.

All done, hour and a half. Let it bake in the sun as I did the prep work and went over it with a rubber mallet after installed. I beach my boat regularly on everything from sand to large river rock so I think this is the ticket for me. Cheers

So you don't have to do a keel repair when you, for example, hit the cross member on your trailer loading your boat because the trailer wasn't in deep enough. Turned out it was cheaper for me to put the keel guard on my Striper after I did the above than replace the gelcoat after the bruise in the keel was repaired. Of course I haven't done anything that would damage the keel since I had the guard installed, but am fully prepared if I do.

Interesting. Seems worth it.

Back