Coopers Green Launch

Daveroo

I am thinking about taking my boat to Sunshine coast for a few days. Anyone have any thoughts on launching at Coopers Green boat launch? I have an 19' Campion Explorer 542.

You need a min. 6 ft. of tide, the problem with the launch is that it starts out with a good grade then levels off, in the afternoon you might have to deal with swimmers.

Cooper's is free but have to watch the tide like Ripperoflips says. You can try Secret Cove/Buccaneer Marina if its too low at Cooper's, but its 10 bucks to launch.

Madeira park is a good launch actually maybe the best, one of the problems with the coast is the lack of good boat launches. I come from the island where every town has a good launch that doesn't really matter on tides to get in and out, and they actually have a dock to use while launching. Only gibsons and Madeira have a dock to use so bring a pal to help or you have to beach your boat.

There is another launch at 49.464935-123.743399 its just south of Schelt, its on band land. I used it every day for two weeks a couple years ago and had no problems. It was free and nobody messed with my truck and trailer while i was out.

Yes, that's the Selma Park ramp on Band lands. Its free to use and parking is safe, but its farther away from the popular fishing grounds such as Epsom, Texada, Lesquiti and Sangster... not to say that there isn't good opportunity close by.

Back