Out this morning for 6 hours beginning at 6am. Another nice day even with the fog which rolled in around 8am and burned off around 11. Tough grind again today and managed an 18 pound wild (83cm) a smaller spring and a pink. Released a sockeye and a wild coho. Very sad that nothing over 20 pounds are around...even if you have to release. Would just be nice to know they still exist. 70 ft today worked for me

slow again today out at Trap and Beechy Head. Nothing for first 2 hours, a bit of bite between 10-11 where a number of boats were hooking up then nothing til 2pm. Managed 1 6lb hatch spring and let go 2 small coho. All our action was on Nasty Boy spoon. No hookups on bait.

There is fish there but in spots been getting 1 and 2 per day pinks are starting to show , this happens EVERY year July is a hit or miss month give it a few weeks and it will be back on ill bet you 25 cents LOL LOL

Went out for a look off Sooke Harbour this morning and it was bumpy enough that we turned around and went back in. Did not see many out there and those that were for the most part were the larger type boats. Lots of windy days so far this summer and more to come from the look of the forecasts.

Last edited:
Yep cancelled my guys from Vancouver for tomorrow, the forecast sucks and I didn't want them paying for ferries over and back and hotel room only to have either a crappy bumpy trip or told its a no go. Better to pick another day.

Yep cancelled my guys from Vancouver for tomorrow, the forecast sucks and I didn't want them paying for ferries over and back and hotel room only to have either a crappy bumpy trip or told its a no go. Better to pick another day.

Yeah with that ebb its going to be gnarly. It wont be fun tomorrow.

Went out for a look off Sooke Harbour this morning and it was bumpy enough that we turned around and went back in. Did not see many out there and those that were for the most part were the larger type boats. Lots of windy days so far this summer and more to come from the look of the forecasts.

Yeah its been pretty ******. Bright side Sat is looking better.

Well hopefully it is still NICE on Sunday. Will be on the water looking for a nice one (anything would be great).
The way it sounds its not hot but on the slow side. That's OK as long as their is SUN Shine in the forecast. :rolleyes:

Fished otter and Sheringham all morning. Painfully slow, saw no nets out as well as no real signs of bait, seals, or whales. Finished with a nice 12lb spring and a few smaller salmon we shook off at the boat.

Fished whirlbay from sun up to Slack. Then went for Hali, just caught dogfish. Then fished whirl, pedder and around race rocks for the flood till just now.
Only one hit all day, fished the whole tackle box... very slow, only saw a couple nets out all day.
Anyone else have any luck?

It was nice to finally have a day with little wind or at least till mid afternoon. We didn't find any Springs but around noon decided to head to deeper water to find some action and got into some hatchery Coho then hit pinks off Secretary.

Nope was a nice red one!!!! I did the DNA on it and sent in head im taking part in doing this program this year to hopefully help in our efforts to get restrictions sorted out a few of the guides this year are doing it (wait and see I guess) , I have however been getting alot of marble and pure whites lately.
today was a bust as i had to come in early from the weather... just a tad windy..

Good luck wolf

1 small spring at Aldridge at 5:30 AM, quit at 7:30 AM with 4 nice crabs for Sunday dinner.
T2

Back