2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Pretty amazing hali! Maybe Someday I will catch a hali in FC. I will give Bushy credit too for filleting the hali too.

Kind of quiet here on this thread all of a sudden.

Was out off F.C. couple of days ago. Fished through and either side of the high slack. Fair amount of Coho around. (Kept one 6lb'er hatch...let quite a few 'wilds' go.)

Not much in the way of Chinooks for me anyway.

Reluctantly I have not posted on here yet this year as it has become more of a chat program then a forum at least in my opinion. It's wonderful that people come on and say "I caught one today" or hey how's it going whoever. Friggen wonderful! A few details would be nice. To each their own and that is just my opinion and this will likely be my last post.
Today was definitely a great day for Coho. Must had caught at least ten fishing in deep and shallow water all on spoons with with green and white or green and chrome some with a touch of pink. It didn't seem to matter what was on the end of the line. Started at first light or slightly before and fished until lunch. Very slow at first but picked up around 10:00.
On the way back in fishing in 160' of water and pretty much on the bottom I managed an 8 1/2 pounder on a 4"coyote, white and pale green.
This past Thursday also early morning seen no fish, several hit and misses though (likely coho) and one screamer which never seen the boat again with mostly green and white spoons.
My last two springs prior to today 14 and 19 pounds were both caught on a pink hootchie with a bit of white and a black stripe running from front to back. That was about a week to ten days ago landed on different days.
Sorry if I pissed anyone off and I'm glad some people on here still like to share useful information.

Reluctantly I have not posted on here yet this year as it has become more of a chat program then a forum at least in my opinion. It's wonderful that people come on and say "I caught one today" or hey how's it going whoever. Friggen wonderful! A few details would be nice. To each their own and that is just my opinion and this will likely be my last post.
Today was definitely a great day for Coho. Must had caught at least ten fishing in deep and shallow water all on spoons with with green and white or green and chrome some with a touch of pink. It didn't seem to matter what was on the end of the line. Started at first light or slightly before and fished until lunch. Very slow at first but picked up around 10:00.
On the way back in fishing in 160' of water and pretty much on the bottom I managed an 8 1/2 pounder on a 4"coyote, white and pale green.
This past Thursday also early morning seen no fish, several hit and misses though (likely coho) and one screamer which never seen the boat again with mostly green and white spoons.
My last two springs prior to today 14 and 19 pounds were both caught on a pink hootchie with a bit of white and a black stripe running from front to back. That was about a week to ten days ago landed on different days.
Sorry if I pissed anyone off and I'm glad some people on here still like to share useful information.

Coho were going nuts for me on these... (I added the blue and pink beads).

IMG_0515.JPG

Sorry to hear that Hedge...
Thanks for the details in your post, hopefully it ain't your last!

If I had a report to post, that thing would be full of my details as I'd be happy as a pig in S---

Went out to Gerald last night from 6:30 - 8:00 - chop and swells came up fast. Only found one shaker at 125' on ghost hootchie.

Was on the water by 6:30 this morn and managed to land one 14lb Spring on the outside of the big hump on a 5" #727 plug @ 230' on the rigger. That was pretty much it for the action for myself. Saw lots of people hookin up through out the morning. Did not see a lot of bait under me but may have been different elsewhere.

Similar day for me yesterday. I was on the water by 6am and by noon we had our 4 coho and 2 springs 10lbs and 22lbs. Green and white coho killer and splatterback needlefish hoitchie down deep.

Went out tonight to fish the humps. Caught a boatload of salad then at 8:30 hit into what we thought was a seal. Ran a mile. Eventually landed ~ 18 lb white spring. Caught at 175' on a Skinny G and a lime green splatter back lime green flasher. Also caught and released a wild coho earlier. Water was awesome

IMG_1561.JPG IMG_1555.JPG Like everyone else had to deal with the weeds tonite.... also had a pretty bad tangle to start things off and lost a 18lb ball... was ready to pack er in and found a monster bait ball off the little hump and instantly had a double header, fishing solo, one hit the 5" #727 plug @ 230' on the rigger and the other @ 180' on a green/white glow hoochie. Fought the one on the plug 1st and let the drag out on the other. 1st one in the boat was a nice red 17lb, the other ended up being a undersize. Got the plug rod down again and was settting up the hoochie rod when another hit @ 230' again. This one was a 9lb keeper. Awesome night.

Went out tonight to fish the humps. Caught a boatload of salad then at 8:30 hit into what we thought was a seal. Ran a mile. Eventually landed ~ 18 lb white spring. Caught at 175' on a Skinny G and a lime green splatter back lime green flasher. Also caught and released a wild coho earlier. Water was awesome
Carbon copy report from last night. Fewer boats and larger swells. Didn't see much action, own boat included until 8:3o. Superstition led me to the same waypoint from 2 nights ago - Skinny G at 175' in 220' of water. Didn't land it but had another great hit and battle.

Awesome couple days in the sun Monday and Tuesday. Monday night we got 2 springs 10lbs and 14lbs along with our four hatchery coho between 6pm and 8:30pm. Tuesday morning we killed two springs 23lbs and 21lbs between 8am and 10:30. Tuesday night we managed another three springs 2 @ 10lbs and a 12lbs along with 2 nice snapper as a bonus. All fish down deep at the north hump on green/white coho killer and irish cream spoons. Lots of really nice size coho around, but you have to sift through the wilds.

Back