No Walk Arounds Anymore.

Years ago i looked for a 19ft Campion C/C and finally found a beauty at a great price and shot over there to see it. As soon as I got out of the truck I knew I was going to buy it. Knocked on the guys door and he was just walking out with the new owner. Cried for months over it. Then my buddy buys one and I fished with him all year and Learned to hate it. I would either freeze my butt off in the cold or melt in the sunshine. He eventually he put a T-top on it but it was not all that much better. Long story short I love my Hourston. Nice and warm and out of the rain and hot sun.
and THAT is why a walk around hardtop is the very best compromise for all weather conditions for the waters we fish.

If you have ever night fished Sword's you'd see why they have walkarounds with a flush mount rod holder every 2' or so down in Hillbilly country.
Up here my ultimate walk around is probably a 42' Nordic Tug.

No question pilothouse over walk around for me. From what I have heard there is 5 new alloy boats sold for ever 1 new glass boat in the PNW. That's why Brunswick bought thunderjet I bet. Pro and cons to both just seems like people choose lower maintenance and lower fuel bill costs over a smooth, heavy and dry ride of a glass boat. Just my thoughts

Bang on JAC. There are benefits to both. I loved my tin jet boat and its feature of ride it hard and put it away wet. Drag it up on a beach, launch it damn near anywhere, etc. If you want a boat you can really beat on, tin is the way to go.

No question pilothouse over walk around for me. From what I have heard there is 5 new alloy boats sold for ever 1 new glass boat in the PNW. That's why Brunswick bought thunderjet I bet. Pro and cons to both just seems like people choose lower maintenance and lower fuel bill costs over a smooth, heavy and dry ride of a glass boat. Just my thoughts

exactly why i went alu, and less motor replacement.

There are zero aluminium charter boats in Tofino, must be a reason.

It seems most missed the point of the post lol. It wasn't that we have no choices now it's the fact there are very few being made today which will leave us very few options in the coming years for quality used boats.

Mako boats has all sizes of centre consoles. Bass Pro in Tsawwassen sells them and has a few new ones on display.

It seems most missed the point of the post lol. It wasn't that we have no choices now it's the fact there are very few being made today which will leave us very few options in the coming years for quality used boats.
looks like there are a lot of walk arounds and pilot walk arounds made tho. Not quite a WA cuddy like of old. But boston makes them (conquest), BW also makes an open bow model (vantage),proline make a WA cuddy (express), pursuit dumped the WA but came out with open bow, Grady makes the Adventurer, seafarer, gulf and marlin walk arounds, striper still makes a WA in 20-29', Robalo still makes a 26 and a 30.
idk seems to still be a few being made

I was looking last night and came across Centuri boats they make a nice looking 26' as well. Anybody have any experience with these boats. They sure look well made and a nice layout for fishing as well.

Back