2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Well battled the wind today!!! Headed over to sangster in morning picked up our lings and release some around the 4/5 pound range... Wind started getting really knarly and turning choppy at about 1230 so fished out front on the humps and everywhere in between from say 1-5 hooked lots of fish around the 52/60cm range and one wild coho that was released... No keepers in the salmon dept for us today...

any recent reports from French Creek? are the fish still there? taking the old boys out for fathers day tomorrow hope the wind cooperates.........

No love for us yesterday morning in front of the creek. Had 2 good hits but both long line released. Lots of weeds right out from the beach to the humps.

image.jpeg Got out yesterday with my nephew from Ont on his 20th Bday. Ballenas has been slow so decided to try Gerald and made the right decision. Hooked a beauty and handed it to my nephew and he lost it after about five minutes, leader snapped on a big run. Half an hour later my side hit again and it was a another nice one. Took about 15 minutes to get him to the boat but the young fella hung in there and we were lucky to have the legendary net man "Bushy" on board. A picture says a thousand words and what a 20th birthday present to my nephew, thank you Fish Gods...............BRS

View attachment 33867 Got out yesterday with my nephew from Ont on his 20th Bday. Ballenas has been slow so decided to try Gerald and made the right decision. Hooked a beauty and handed it to my nephew and he lost it after about five minutes, leader snapped on a big run. Half an hour later my side hit again and it was a another nice one. Took about 15 minutes to get him to the boat but the young fella hung in there and we were lucky to have the legendary net man "Bushy" on board. A picture says a thousand words and what a 20th birthday present to my nephew, thank you Fish Gods...............BRS
Way to go Booshy !!!

Hey any advice on areas to fish around french creek schooner cove area. Heading up tomorrow for a day and a half have never fished the area and was hoping to take some people out. Any help would be appreciated.

Well got yesterday evening about 6 and fishing by 615 soon as I put first rod down off it goes what a fight but ended up with a long line release... Hooked at 150ft right outside entrance on the homeland security... Trolled then all the way to upper humps not a sniff decided to move out to 250 foot water and fiah deeper at 180 and changed up to plug and wow... What action lost 3 that felt really big and landed one beauty fish are around just picky I guess... All in all beautiful evening flat calm...

Attachments

• DSC_1320.JPG
    DSC_1320.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_1315.JPG
    DSC_1315.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC_1305.JPG
    DSC_1305.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 133
Out today off F.C. afternoon to 7 p.m..

One 16lb'er
One 9lb'er.

IMG_0509.JPG

3 p.m.....9lb.on Purple Haze and small glow white/pink hoochy. ( made that one with a Sharpy pen),

7 p.m.....16lb. on small flasher and Army Truck spoon.

IMG_0511.JPG

Go deep. Both fish in 210 ft of water ( Northwest hump). 230 feet of line out on the downriggers.

Had other smaller fish on. Tried quite a few lures etc.

It was slow going and didn't mark much of anything on the finder.

Usual F.C. grind...

IMG_1452.JPG Was out as well last night and lucked into a 11lber on the 602 hoochie as I was checking the gear, wasn't even 20' down when it hit! Shortly after managed to land a 18 @ 220' on a #727 plug solo on the outside of the small hump. Saw lots of bait and marks but those two were the only hits I got all night.

Back