Looks like a nicely laid out boat

$81,316.83 Canadian at today's rate on their sale price.
Nice boat... add in taxes, kicker, downriggers - way out of my price range.

Interesting boat. I'd be curious to know what the LWL is - the ad lists it as a 22' boat with an OAL of 25; a mention in NW Yachting calls it 24 OAL, with a beam of 7'8".

If they've included the pointy nose and the kicker bracket in the OAL, this is about the size of my DE206, which is pretty much what it looks like on the trailer. Not that that's a problem per se...just something that occurred to me since it looks intended for big water.

Not to be too negative as this boat does have good looks but that is where it sort of ends for me.

The 522 looks smaller than a 22' to me.....as Cr_ribs says above, looks more like a non podded 20'/21'. If it truly is a 22" hull length then its must be a very lightweight hull design to get as the manufacturer states "great performance" with a "standard 150 Honda outboard". If the pulpit is an integrated one ( not just an attachment) they may have included the pulpit length in the hull length spec. A 22' fiberglass boat (25 LOA) as described especially with added weight of a glassed in cabin and doors I would not expect would perform well with a 150.

The boat also has a very narrow a beam for a 22' if CR is correct that NW Yachting is stating it has a 7'8" . Either way it does not look like a big water boat, at least not the 522 model. The glassed cabin and doors IMO are more a hindrance for a boat in this size glass of 20-22. Personally I'd much rather have a HT and canvas to be able to have more 'open plan' access to cockpit when fishing in a boat in this smaller size class. With such a narrow beam and heavy top/cabin I's been concerned the boat would roll pretty severely. The helm area looks to have no side storage shelving. The cockpit looks to have no recessed area for storage on the port/starboard gunnels. The tops of gunnels have no cockpit overhang so no toe rails /no room for knees or feet pointing fwd when pressed up against gunnel playing fish or otherwise . That flip up seat on the side of cockpit was not well thought out IMO.
EDIT : Forgot to add one more thing, the helm area cabin is so narrow that they couldn't fit in 2 captains chairs or there would be no space between them - so incorporated that narrow bench .

Last edited:
Looks like a bit of a 'compromise hull'... Good for trailering, fishing solo/calmer waters. For the size though... Awesome layout, unique for sure & nice hull design.

If you wanna play on the west coast/offshore or snotty days, not ideal. That layout with more beam, 2+ Feet, podded/extended transom with outboard mounted back would be sweet!

There is no perfect boat however this boat it perfectly beautiful. Walk around just aren't my bag. Id rather have the interior space and I would never get a boat that did not take full advantage of the 8'6" width.

Back