Alone New Season

Cool new twist I think, after watching the show last night I noticed that they are calling it ALONE Lost and Found.

Wicked Salmon got the call again this year to operate the rescue boats for season 4, pumped about that.

The new concept I think is quit interesting, the hike that these contestants have to do to find their partner is no cake walk I can tell you that. Not sure how many of you have tried just walking through the bush up here on the north end of Vancouver Island but it's not easy, let alone packing camera gear and filming yourself, having to set up and tear down camp every day, find food, water, build fire and trying to stay on course all during the nastiest months of the year.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how they all make out, who meets up with each other and how the survive together.

Hope all of you enjoy the show.

Cheers

No question that is hell country for walking - used to survey up and around there - some of the worst was Port Eliza, trying to hike with survey legs or instrument through 10' high salal was absolute murder. Every step was agony! Will definitely be nightmare for the walkers!

I used the pvr to pause when the overhead view/google earth type shots come on. Then compared with Navionics app or google earth. The brother waiting for the one who had to go around the lake should be able to find enough seafood from his abundant looking spot to have time to take up totem pole carving and other leisure activities. He's already into the juvy sablefish. Had to laugh when the shore crab fell off the hook as he stood on a pile of mussels. Mussels and the fanged worms often found under them would work better for bait. Unbelievably sketchy and wet hiking.

I just can't believe that the guys making camp are the ones tapping out. Didn't even really show why the kid tapped out, just that he said it was harder than he thought. Definitely the runners are having a rough go of it. Still going to go with the Husband and wife team.

Those poor hikers go through a few days of hell and the young ones are sitting around doing f all and they quit. The guy last night was really pissed I bet his kid got an ear full off camera. Maybe he missed his I phone too much. The hiker brother from Alaska has his sh$t together but his bro may have just ruined it for him. I wish they wouldn't keep showing their pre departure tape and re-capping so much at the beginning.

Yes it seems funny that the runners are doing all the hard work and the ones building camp are the one bailing on their partners. The copper tops may have it together. That was a great score on the sable fish last night. If they can keep getting fish like that they may have a chance.

Yes it seems funny that the runners are doing all the hard work and the ones building camp are the one bailing on their partners. The copper tops may have it together. That was a great score on the sable fish last night. If they can keep getting fish like that they may have a chance.
Yah there are a couple teams for sure that look like they have their ***** together.
We know the sablefish will run out for sure at some point.
Perhaps the ones sitting around dwelling and waiting for the other to arrive is too much of a mental strain...???the guys pushing the bush are being kept pretty busy, not a lot of time to sit n think

The kid that tapped in the last episode obviously got the **** scared out of him by the bear that was sniffing around during the night. Not sure what else it could have been as they didn't really give much information.

I'd be taking tips from the FN... I'd be weaving baskets out of bark and building fish traps in the creeks with rocks... how many nights in a row can you eat clams before getting sick of them?

All teams together now, brutal hiking for almost 10 days for a couple of the teams.

All teams looking pretty solid at this point, catching fish, birds, good shelters and staying warm.

What are your thoughts?

Only 11 days in.

How long will they go?

Who's going to come out on top?

Anyone still watching Alone

Yep, still watching but trying to figure out a few things;
1. Where, in the Quatsino Sound area can a person hike for ten miles on one compass bearing and not cross a logging road or slash? Those details seem to have been airbrushed out of the satellite images showing the locations of the team members.
2. Where did the Baird bros. get the gloves? Were the gloves one of their ten picks or does each first aid kit contain a pair?

Anyway, I was rooting for the Baird bros. when they were seperated but now that they are together, I don't know if they will make it if they can't get along.

Can't believe the copper tops shelter is just a tarp strung in the tree. Lol. Plus all the bro has done is he caught 5 fish ate them all and strung a tarp in a tree. The wife has a full on cabin and fireplace. Still pulling for to hubby and wife.

The Baird brothers won't last. The one lazy bugger did nothing to prepare for his brother's arrival. They are two Toronto boys out of their element. Brooke and her hubby are my favoured to win. They have the right attitude and skills to take it all the way. I suspect heavy editing is the reason why they didn't show an easy walking. I have bushwacked on bearings before and with those conditions one would have to take a bearing every 50 yds given the density of the bush. For all of the teams to arrive on target seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Back