Lund SSV

Good looking boat! Like what you have done. I thought I was the only crazy one to have a kicker on a small boat.

I just filmed a final video of all my mods. Will have it up on youtube in the next day or so.

Seafever, what size of kicker did you put on and what's your main power? I've thought hard about adding a kicker to my 16' crestliner but just wasn't sure how the ride would be with the added weight on the stern.

Seafever, what size of kicker did you put on and what's your main power? I've thought hard about adding a kicker to my 16' crestliner but just wasn't sure how the ride would be with the added weight on the stern.

Its' a 4 horse Merc. But I don't recommend it.
One cylinder...so noisy and lots of vibration.

It's more of an emergency engine. I troll with the 30 horse (much nicer).

Total stern weight and space was a factor for me too.

I would have preferred a 2 cylinder 8 or 9 horse. But that would be too much weight I think.

Yamaha just came out with a lightweight 25 horse. Can't get one right now as they proved very popular and are sold out at the moment.

That would cut the main weight and then I could go better kicker.

Mostly there's only ever two people in the boat for fishing anyway.

My boat tops out at 24.5 mile per hour the way it's rigged. Fast enough for me.

Ride is good considering it's not all that heavy a boat. Bottom is 80 thou thick, Sides are 63 thou.

Don't get a single cylinder kicker. You will regret it.

I run a 30hp Mariner on my 14' tinny, when on lakes I troll with a minnkota which is super nice. Quiet, smooth, easy to adjust speed accurately etc. In the chuck, unfortunately I have troll off of a 5hp 2 stroke merc. Its not horribly loud and shakey, but it ain't a nice 2cyl 4 stroke. Its nice with the internal tank and weighs only like 50lbs.

The main pushes to 30mph. Plenty fast for me as well.

Nice lookin boats boys. Solid as rocks those boats, they'll run water for years and years.

I have a 14 foot ssv and 20 Honda, I carry a 4hp Yammy also on the stern and it's fine.

Seafever, what prop are you running on your Merc?

The one it came with I think (30 horse). I'll have to go look . I did switch out a prop once so the engine would troll better...just can't remember if it was that one.

Memory isn't as good as it used to be...:D

Years back I had a 5 1/2 horse Johnson two-stroke that was a 2 cylinder. Nice little engine. Used it for lake trolling all the time.

AFIK they haven't made those for quite some time.

All the new fourstroke engines in that HP are one cylinder.

Back