2017 Galiano Salmon Classic - Sat. May 27th

tincan

The website/tickets are now updated for the Galiano Salmon Classic. Derby will be from 6am-5pm on Saturday, May 27th though last year most of us also fished for fun on the Friday and Sunday to make it a full weekend of good times. Follow the facebook page for updates here

https://www.facebook.com/galianosalmonclassic/

If you've been to this event already you'll know the guys at Montague Harbour do a great job of hosting. Make sure you book moorage with them sooner than later! I'll be booking my tickets this week and already have moorage secured at Montague year-round so hope to see a bunch of you SFBC members at the event. Here's the event page photo:

Galiano salmon derby.jpg

I hope to attend this derby.

Sure wish the fishing was as good as it was when the top picture was taken, wow we miss that. Bro got a 55 there, we fished it for over thirty years. Now the seals are thicker then the springs. Them good ol moochin days.

I was chatting with the montague marina guys recently and they said moorage for the derby is filling up quickly so if any of you SFBC guys plan to attend I would suggest booking with them soon.

https://www.facebook.com/galianosalmonclassic/ has links and phone numbers for moorage, accommodation and tickets.

I have already signed up and managed to get a few decent prizes to add to the awards table. If anyone else has any items they can donate that would be great. get in touch with Ryan at 604.518.8946 as he is the main organizer. I will find out if they are going to be doing a hot tub raffle again this year as that was one pretty sweet prize to win for that long-time galiano resident who had the winning ticket!

Just a few days left before the Galiano Derby out of Montague Harbour. Still a few days to sign up if you're interested. Weather forecast (wind and sun) look great too. Details below.

Poster Artwork 2017(letter size).jpg

The marina is doing a bbq breakfast starting a bit after 04:00 on Saturday.
If you want to get in on the action, give them a call.
Looking forward to seeing you all there after this short week!

Lots of fish landed for the Derby. Winner was ~15lb, second and 3rd were ~14lb. Two of the top 3 winners were on the same boat.

An acquaintance waited to buy tickets, couldn't get one, and fished that day anyways. *Of course* he landed a 16lb fish ;-)

Beauty day on the water, super fun event. Will make plans to attend next year!

Great event, tons of fun as Salted mentioned, and raising money for a good cause! Highly recommend signing up next year if you haven't fished it before. Some great prizes too for a small derby!

Back