2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Slow afternoon at hitw. Spent 4 hrs from sunset to horshoe bay several times. Pulled the gear and ran back to lions bay to pick up some friends and BBQ' some burgers instead good day on the water

Had 3 on lost them all , also had 2 of my prawn traps stolen and a commercial guys **** was also tampered with and moved into 100 feet of water ,I knew I shouldn't of wasted my time with them also that's what burns me the most knowing these *******'s are their info lots lately.

Had a quick go off Roger Curtis yesterday and got a red out of it. 75' on a chartreuse hootch at 2:30. Was well west of the light house in the channel.

we had one of those awesome mornings yesterday. Had the lines in the water about 6;30. I had one first timer on board and one lightly seasoned fisherwoman. I ran 4 lines and we were into fish right away. By 8 we had released 1 small legal, 2 under size, one rock fish and boated 4 fish in the mid teens, all whites. Cut back to two lines and then 3 and I tried for mine but it slowed and ended up releasing a couple of undersized. We started at Cowan and worked to Roger Curtis. Got them in closer on Green splatterback hootchie, Homeland spoon and anchovies. Just right time right place.

we had one of those awesome mornings yesterday. Had the lines in the water about 6;30. I had one first timer on board and one lightly seasoned fisherwoman. I ran 4 lines and we were into fish right away. By 8 we had released 1 small legal, 2 under size, one rock fish and boated 4 fish in the mid teens, all whites. Cut back to two lines and then 3 and I tried for mine but it slowed and ended up releasing a couple of undersized. We started at Cowan and worked to Roger Curtis. Got them in closer on Green splatterback hootchie, Homeland spoon and anchovies. Just right time right place.

At Tunstall now, running the same gear (4 rods) no luck yet.

Any HITW updates?

Hey guys. I'm goin for the night bite tonight. Keep the reports Rollin in!. ProBaby try QA or Roger Curtiss. Thanks

How Are the winds near Roger Curtis and Tunstall? Was thinking of coming out from Sunset or Vanier but the wind forecasts look a tad lumpy for a 16' side console Lund. What are your observations?

How Are the winds near Roger Curtis and Tunstall? Was thinking of coming out from Sunset or Vanier but the wind forecasts look a tad lumpy for a 16' side console Lund. What are your observations?

Pancake. Doesn't get much better weather wise.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 55
Wind report looks ok for awhile today but then gonna blow up in some areas. Check wind directions from the areas you wanna fish then tuck in behind islands to block it. Tomorrow gonna blow hard in a few spots with gale warnings. For the first part of today you may be ok tucked in behind Gambier and Hut until the winds pick up later from the north and nw. Heads up the wind report has changed three times since yesterday so check it often.

Stayed overnight at Silva Bay. I was out this morning at 7:15, dropped the lines to 121 just outside of the marker and hit an under and a keeper in the first half hour. Tried circling back on the spot but there were 30 boats there within 3 minutes. The wind picked up and I wasn't interested in shaking guys hands while I fished so now I'm trolling my way down to Porlier.

Last edited:
Stayed overnight at Silva Bay. I was out this morning at 7:15, dropped the lines to 121 just outside of the marker and hit an under and a keeper in the first half hour. Tried circling back on the spot but there were 30 boats there within 3 minutes. The wind picked up and I wasn't interested in shaking guys hands while I fished so now I'm trolling my way down to Pollier.
The afternoon tide was good at porlier yesterday, I was into out front of the Bell in 400'

Back