2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hi Reeltime.
Fished QA area today . Started late, 10:30 fished till five. Into four, landed one lol. Darn rookies don't know what keep the tip up means.
Action on dark green and white spatter back hootchie , 32 inch leader , back behind green flasher 135 feet. Other action on white green coyote same set up, four ft leader. Same depth.

God luck out there.

Fished QA with the pack of boats hits started around 9-930 1 take home out of the 3 ..

high tide your gear and depths were the ticket today ,my regular gear and depths didn't hit one fish Thanks bud ...

Had a great ride up the coast for the weekend just past sechelt. Fished off south side of Trail Island today infront of cabin(rental). Good little flurry around 11:00, bonked one around 14, lost a beaut beside boat and missed a few whacks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 51
Got out for first trip of season sat morning and headed to qa . Stopped about a quarter mile south of qa. I dropped my line to 77 as my buddy set up his. He likes to stack so had first line to 20 ft and was setting up other rod when his line goes off. Fish on. He's playing that when my line goes off. Double header. Get both to boat. An 8 & a 10. 20 min in and two fish.
Hit another 4 undersized over the next 2 hrs which were released. Then about 10 30 my buddy's line gets smashed. Triple dip on the rod and line is peeling. I grab the rod cuz buddy is slow and as I give little tug for hook set his rod explodes. Snaps right above cork and rod heads into water. Holding just the butt and reel tried to play fish but it was gone pretty quick. Packed up shortly after. All fish on green and white coyote and Homeland skinny g. Another boat at dock had 2 nice teeners they caught in 200ft of water it front of North arm on chovies. My fish had chovies in stomach aswell. Heading out shortly on a solo trip to run some bait and hopefully find some bigger fish.

Attachments

• IMG_20170520_074905.jpg
    IMG_20170520_074905.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20170520_074847.jpg
    IMG_20170520_074847.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 105
Also saw this which was a first. 12 people jigging from a boat in 50 ft of water around the corner from North arm jetty

Attachments

• IMG_20170520_121433.jpg
    IMG_20170520_121433.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 195
At Bell right now and it's a bit too lumpy for my liking. No fish yet seen between 8-10 boats so far. Sonar is useless in the Fraser crap

I am guessing you are the boat we tossed a clip to...
How did that clip work out for you, any luck later on?

After we talked to you we trolled to bell buoy and bagged 2 keepers at 50' and 80' anchovies.

Tight lines

MM

It worked great, thanks again! Ended up with 2 undersize and then lost one before we could see it. Stuck around at QA all day, but probably should have trolled over to the bell as well.

Spent 5.5 hours trying to get a ling at thrasher. Managed to get one before the wind got too hectic. I have another shot tomorrow before I head back across. Anyone got any tips?

Back