Wanted 18-21 ft aluminum

Pulled out of the corner and put a new engine, controls, racor, and steering on it. Going for a shake-down cruise tomorrow out of French Creek, be interesting so we what the 60hp Seahorse will do as we originally had 60hp Mariner 2strokes on it. Will be going up for sale soon, not sure what I will be asking though. Going to bring it to the shipwright sale on Saturday if anyone want to take a look. Going to be hard to see her go, this is our first lodge boat, spent many hours on that wheel LOL.

Regards

Fishyboy

IMG_2028.JPG

Pulled out of the corner and put a new engine, controls, racor, and steering on it. Going for a shake-down cruise tomorrow out of French Creek, be interesting so we what the 60hp Seahorse will do as we originally had 60hp Mariner 2strokes on it. Will be going up for sale soon, not sure what I will be asking though. Going to bring it to the shipwright sale on Saturday if anyone want to take a look. Going to be hard to see her go, this is our first lodge boat, spent many hours on that wheel LOL.

Regards

Fishyboy

View attachment 33017

hey !! my boat lol, change your mind ?? :)
hope alls well Rob

felix

hey !! my boat lol, change your mind ?? :)
hope alls well Rob

felix

LOL, just changed all of the engines to Merc's, picked up the 60hp's as part of the camp package that I did. Have the other 17' boat to do as well, but have to finish getting the rest of the boats ready first. All good here, just need to spend some time on the water instead of the shop.

LOL, just changed all of the engines to Merc's, picked up the 60hp's as part of the camp package that I did. Have the other 17' boat to do as well, but have to finish getting the rest of the boats ready first. All good here, just need to spend some time on the water instead of the shop.

roger that on the water ,
gearing up the glass tub as we speak , cant wait,,,
have a great season up at the lodge , stay safe
catchya soon

felix

From the pictures, the tunnel on that cat looks low. With cats, waves hitting the tunnel at speed can result in tunnel slap, or the dreaded "cat sneeze". However, I would guess most of the time, in up to a 2' chop, this would run very smoothly.

What is 'cat sneeze'..?

Cat sneeze is the water pressure between the sponsons pushes water out from under the bow and onto the windsheild and your face.

Keep up the thread guys-in line with my downsizing I too am looking for a "GOOD" aluminum fishing boat. Got to be welded and trailable on single axle trailer. Going to try fishing the inside before I make a permanent decision. If I play my cards right perhaps I can keep both!! LOL

Back