2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Oppening day of lings got 1 each and a Kabbasan if thats how you spell it tried fishing around ballenas but just to much snot in thewater
IMAG2226.jpg IMAG2220.jpg

I remember hearing a story of one of my dad's friends getting caught red handed way back in the day and the guy who caught swung and stuck gaff hook in his arm......guess we can't get away with that kinda stuff nowadays:cool:..... although it might teach the lesson that would stick.

Last edited:
This really bothers me. Tried to do a title search of the reg number. Have the police been contacted?

MI.JPG
Out with Boosh and Bushy today, as always Boosh got us on the fish in no time. 10 pounder away from everyone else on the Humps. Bloody Nose Hoochie with a Purple Onion Flasher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out last night doing a little prawning before the commercial guys start on Thursday. Lots of algae in the water off Schooner. When you looked over the side it looked like a big cloud starting at 10' under the water. Mainly right up on the surface as it didn't extend very deep down.

Was out yesterday for low slack at the humps and managed one 10lber on a green glow hoochie @120' in 220'. Was out till about 5 as the fog rolled over us. That was it for action though, no hits and not even any undersize.

Snuck out for a real quick fish out off Winchelse for a couple hrs first light...got one for the Bar Q..left before tide change heard it pick up after that.... :)

Back