2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

This line, followed by 6 pics containing almost 50 fish, is priceless "We are not sure how long it will last..."

Ill tell you how long itll last, not long if everybodys bonking every legal fish they can get their hands on! :confused:

When the fishing is like this...there are not hundreds of fish there...there are thousands....as in tens of thousands. That's the story. When you hear of reports from Sydney to Powell River with limits for many who are motivated, we hardly have to worry about fishing them out. Lots of people commenting on hatchery whites....

The timing on this year is WAY early. In the last 20 years it usually gets going about now- April 30...if not well into the 1st week of May.

The question is how long before they move...

Lots for them to eat as a large percentage have Large-Medium Herring, Pcod, and Anchovies in their bellies. In the East side there are many being caught which have sticklebacks in them as well.

Time to build a wall in the strait! It'll be a great wall.. a nice wall, built on time and on budget. It's gonna be huge!!!!!:p

Send the hatchery heads back. Ive never caught a BC hatchery fish in the strait yet, but only sent 6 heads in total.

Time to build a wall in the strait! It'll be a great wall.. a nice wall, built on time and on budget. It's gonna be huge!!!!!:p
Ok fine, but just wait for a couple more years so I can retire on the good (as in "the left") side of the wall. :cool: Better yet, lets make Vancouver Island the 11th province of Canada and claim "have-not" status. Money will pour in from Ottawa. It would be YUGE

Anybody have any thoughts or theories on what to change if you're hitting mostly jacks? Faster, slower, deeper, stand on one foot and tap your head?!

Bigly yuge, and the salmon will pay for it!
Ok fine, but just wait for a couple more years so I can retire on the good (as in "the left") side of the wall. :cool: Better yet, lets make Vancouver Island the 11th province of Canada and claim "have-not" status. Money will pour in from Ottawa. It would be YUGE
I don't know much about politics. Haha...I was thinking more along the lines of the mainlanders paying for it. We could have a toll gate somewhere along that wall. Heavy security checks though. We're gonna make the republic of Vancouver Island great again. Better hurry up and retire.

I don't know much about politics. Haha...I was thinking more along the lines of the mainlanders paying for it. We could have a toll gate somewhere along that wall. Heavy security checks though. We're gonna make the republic of Vancouver Island great again. Better hurry up and retire.
It will be based on property ownership on the Island and I am already covered. ;-)

Looks like I'll be scheduling meetings all day Friday, won't be able to make it to the job sites
I'm going to make the crossing, anyone else heading out? The 24 lber was caught on a green spatter back hoochie in 400' of water at the flats. I'm on the Bayliner 245 Cruiser, the only idiot out there running manual downriggers.

...Is it Friday yet?

Back