2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished from 10:30 until 4:00 pm at the hump, cape Roger Curtis, and tunstal. Caught two shakers and never saw another fish by anyone. No bait at all in tunstal.

No luck on the Hump either. Fished QA around noon which kept us busy, lots of shakers and 1 keeper. No bait noted on the sounder around hump, QA or Bell Buoy.

Yesterday this boat was motoring away as I pulled up to my traps, and yup they were empty!

Saw him all winter he just cruises slow , i would not leave my traps unattended in that area the word is out there's a Hole in the Wall thief ...

Fished QA on Friday bait took most of the hits mostly 7-8l brs some guy next to me landed a nice one ...

Last edited:
thinking about coming across to Thrasher in my 18fter. Anybody making the run across and can give a weather report. Waiting until the new updates come out. Doesn't look like the best conditions. Thanks guys!

Thinking about crossing to thrasher for an over-nighter this Friday to Saturday. hopefully the keepers stick around for a bit..

Was going to head out to the hump but the washboard wasn't appealing to my fishing partner for the day so headed into the comforts of Tunstall Bay to try our luck. Took a while to find them and the depths but fishing alone we did manage to bring 8 or so to the boat with 3 keepers. My little partner wanted to get that 4th but had to call it a day by around 5. We worked hard for them and put in a solid day on the water. Had a great time with my boy on the water and capped it off with 4 crabs.
IMG_4226.JPG

Is South Bowen protected at all right now? Pretty ugly coming out of the harbour.

IMG_3807.JPG For those having a tough time catching fish in the "vicinity" of Gabriola....within sight of the rock...here is some more guide Handiwork from Sunday... Bonchovy.... However Pacific Angler, and Predator have been having a ball...

Details? What details...go over...fish offshore with a stupid spoon which has glow in it from 90-140 and hang on!

U need to stop lurking all the guide websites and Facebook and get out and fish your getting awfully salty

Not lurking at all. :) Just doing exactly what everyone else is doing at the office... :)

I'm being a conservationist and waiting for them to grow bigger and letting the more fortunate people who aren't working boatloads of overtime go out . When my turn comes when summer arrives ...then I'll fill the freezer.

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here enjoying the pics :)

Last edited:
Back