Hoochies

You are right in your interpretation of the rules as the are written however it does not seem to be the case.

DFO biologist are now in charge of writing the fishing regulations and specing the catch limits. Since it got turned over from the officers (enforcement) to the biologists it's caused as sorts of issue like these.

I switched to a treble stinger on my anchovy rig and the amount of bites that stick have gone way up.

Seem to effect the roll at all?

Only time trebles are mentioned is that they are allowed in certain areas. Unless I've missed something.

Worth a try anyway..

I have always used a single Siwash on Hoochies - never missed a fish. I put the joint of the hook eye & barrel swivel right where the tassels start & I have the belief this allows the hook to swivel freely & aid the action. Treble hooks ruin the action IMO. You will catch a bunch of runts that you will just kill when releasing them. There are illegal in the US for good reason. I use 2 mooching/bait hooks with bait holders; front hook buried where you bury a treble & the trailer hanging free with the bend even with the end of the tail.

Getting back to the original concept of this thread, by the way some great stuff on here including the regs issue. Anyway, when I was a kid we fished Tsawassen and Point Roberts a lot. My go to was a Flashtail that I can't remember the make. It was a deep blue for one half and the other half was a dull red. Silver mylar body but it had a hard clear plastic head with eyes, (no red slash), and slight runs of red lines in the clear plastic head. This thing back in the pre down-rigger days with a 6 or 8oz weight behind a dodger was killer. Then in the late /70's or early/80's Babalos came out with their herring teasers. Interestingly enough the heads were clear plastic with red lines injected into them. The red lines I believe were to simulate blood. This particular herring teaser worked wonders as well. I called Babalos about them many years ago after they weren't showing up in the stores. he said it was just to costly to manufacturer in that way. Sadly they were either bought out or just went belly up. I don't remember. Perhaps someone else on here knows better. I have tried with the odd hootchie tying just a couple of strands of red wool where you might put a bead at the head, but have just started and not been running hootchies that much. Just thought I would add my two cents here. Tight lines all.

I'm in port angeles

Never mind that plug.... nothing extraordinary about it other than price. Fish a regular 602 beside it and you'll do just as well.

Never mind that plug.... nothing extraordinary about it other than price. Fish a regular 602 beside it and you'll do just as well.

Yep. 158 and 602 have been good to me in the Port Angeles area. My all time high liner is a 4 inch 158. But I have been known to drag 6 inch tubbys and 7 inch regulars.

I'm in port angeles

PA guy, I am in PA also. Been fishing this area since 1978.

I have hundreds of Tomics in my collection.

Years ago they were common in the PA junk shops but have dried up.

I have purchased new direct from Tomic, from Seattle Marine in Ballard (you may order online, just received some 6 inch Tubbys from them) and I have found a few at the tackle shop at the Point Defiance Marina.

Lots on ebay.

The drawer below is 8 inches deep.

upload_2017-4-23_8-56-2.png

upload_2017-4-23_8-56-57.png

upload_2017-4-23_8-57-31.png

Speaking of Hoochies:

upload_2017-4-23_8-58-58.png
upload_2017-4-23_8-59-26.png

ry%3D400

Back