Forum members BOATS

Thanks. Got a custom windshield done to our specs by ajr marine windows this season as well as the new full enclosure Bimini top. Best mod this year was adding the kicker steering in the back.

yXqFyYmh.jpg

Proof the old warhorse still floats:

fiFmGoSh.jpg

And moves pretty good:

JvKmkcBh.jpg

I keep chipping away at the old beast...

A2YraHll.jpg

Was on uship looking at quotes for shipping and saw that one, assume that was yours? How did the shipping process work out?

Sorry took so long to reply but yea, that was my donzi up there. "HockeyRick" hauled it for me. Wasn't impressed how he threw my canvas in the cabin all crumpled up. Especially the isenglass. The Chirp garmin unit was left on the dash as well as he drove on a flat and destroyed the spare rim. The broker dropped the ball on the electronics. He told me he would stow locked in the cabin for me. Overall a ****** experience. It was a good boat with a ****** trailer. Had a hard time finding anyone willing to work on the trailer for me. Little to no help at all from the broker. I'm still a bit pissed but it's here now anyways. Overall a stressful experience. End rant

West side of Valdes on Thursday morning. Ton of chop for inside the islands; usually so calm in there. Was blowing right down the strait at 20-25 and sure put a beating on us coming out of the Fraser. Left at high tide and the waves were sweeping right over the breakwater and the only effect it had was to confuse the hell out of the seas. Had to keep the canvas on her just to keep the spray out. Fairly unpleasant conditions.

Old 302 keeps chugging along though. Starts with a tap of the key and runs strong. The 280 leg is a bit of a brute without the trim but I run it high with hydraulic tabs for trim control and it goes all right.

Sorry took so long to reply but yea, that was my donzi up there. "HockeyRick" hauled it for me. Wasn't impressed how he threw my canvas in the cabin all crumpled up. Especially the isenglass. The Chirp garmin unit was left on the dash as well as he drove on a flat and destroyed the spare rim. The broker dropped the ball on the electronics. He told me he would stow locked in the cabin for me. Overall a ****** experience. It was a good boat with a ****** trailer. Had a hard time finding anyone willing to work on the trailer for me. Little to no help at all from the broker. I'm still a bit pissed but it's here now anyways. Overall a stressful experience. End rant

It looks like it was worth the wait !! Great looking boat.. I had a similar experience with a USHIP contractor. I had boat shipped from Florida two years ago and when I met the Shipper at the border things were not good. I had a new trailer built for the boat and when it arrived the trailer and boat was covered in yellow road line paint. In addition the radar dome was smashed to hell and was filled with tree bark. The shipper had the balls to tell me it was like that when he picked it up.
The broker I used was terrific and sent me many photos of the unit before it left, and while it was leaving !!! I am still trying to get the yellow paint out of the trailer wheel wells !!

Back