What's for dinner tonight ?

And now for something completely different !!! ( well a hell of a lot easier !:p )

Easy meal..... Take two chinook fillets and marinate them for an hour in teriyaki sauce, splash of sesame oil, some roasted sesame seeds and small amount of 5-spice . Fire up the BBQ and place the skinless fillets on a tin BBQ tray. 400 degrees until they flake easily.. dont over cook. Take a lb of asparagus, and marinate it in a shallow dish with light soya sauce , splash of sesame oil, and a dash of 5 spice. Let marinate for the same time as the fish. Stir fry the asparagus in the marinate and a table spoon of brown sugar.. When it bubbles and turns brown-- serve with fresh cooked buns and a beer ( or two )

Pics or it never happend lol

Last night fried Salmon and Russets
Salmon coated with a Cajun breader. Fried in 350 degree oil for a minute and a half.
Russet taters coated in a Southern Chicken breader and fried in oil for 15 minutes
Whipped up a batch of eazy squeezy tarter sauce to go along with the Salmon

Saturday night went with beef. Brisket. Total smoke time 12 hours

Oh!! You are Crueeeel!!

Someone missing a wee bit of good old boeuf...........enough tacos, time to come home. Thrifty's has some 58 day old dry aged Ribeye that I can't seem to get enough of........

The smoke ring and bark on that brisket is outrageous! :)

Someone missing a wee bit of good old boeuf...........enough tacos, time to come home. Thrifty's has some 58 day old dry aged Ribeye that I can't seem to get enough of........

The smoke ring and bark on that brisket is outrageous! :)
Yeah I'm about taco'd,; refries and empanada'd out. Wait til my doc gets hold of me --it'll be celery and lettuce for sure!! LOL

Thanks ya'll on for the kind words on the brisket.
south of the border here we all get kinda bored We all don't get a lot of fishing time sooooo......

we fill in our extra time with whatever it takes to keep our mind off fishing.

Hi Bondo Bill,

Your dinner looks awesome :) quick question what kind of Cajun breader did you use on the fish ? if you don't mind me asking

Last night fried Salmon and Russets
Salmon coated with a Cajun breader. Fried in 350 degree oil for a minute and a half.
Russet taters coated in a Southern Chicken breader and fried in oil for 15 minutes
Whipped up a batch of eazy squeezy tarter sauce to go along with the Salmon

Saturday night went with beef. Brisket. Total smoke time 12 hours

Reply to Paul Burak

I order it online from here
http://atkinsonmilling.com/Seafood_Breaders/
I mix their regular Seafood breader with their Cajun in a 1 to 1 ratio. If you like more kick go straight Cajun breader.
A word of caution on the Cajun. When you open the bag make sure your nostrils aint down wind. Been there done that...sneezed so bad my dog ran for cover.

If you like Southern Fried chicken their #115 regular chicken breader is awesome.
Shipping charges are kinda a bummer but I usually order the 5 lb bags which cut way down the price per pound on the shipping and handling charges.

IMG_0423.JPG
Last night was this ham with cranberry glaze, fresh out of the smoker. Used apple wood to smoke it for about 2 - 3 hours.
Mynephew said it was one of the best hams he had eaten. Not much left over as everyone liked it.

Back