2101 striper question

Another question for you guys in the know ... I run a 2101 striper and have noticed recently that it sits crooked in the water even with no people on board? I can adjust when moving but was sure used to sit straight when just sitting still... haven't changed where I store stuff onboard for years. Was thinking maybe something under the floor causing problem, like one of the freshwater tanks?? Been trying to find online info of actual locations of whatever is under the floor... does anyone know where I could get this info??

Thanks

You need to define crooked. Is this a fore and aft issue or a port starboard issue. There are no fresh water tanks below the water line. Depending on the year, you have one small 6 gallon fresh water tank on the port side under the sink. Your listing is more likely due to locations of batteries, kickers and other add-ons. Do you have trim tabs? These are really a necessity on deep Vee boats like the Striper.

The only thing under the floor is the gas tank, the stringers and foam flotation

Attachments

• 386.jpg
    386.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 54
Port/Star issue. No sink but toilet that is still in the original wrapping. Have a fresh water inlet on each side, assume one for toilet tank and one for flush pump tank, have never used either. Freshwater flush pump will run but no water so think that tank empty; toilet tank.. don't know where to empty?? So both of these tanks are on the side? Then possible both could have had water in and one leaked out over time now boat out of kilter... Yes kicker & batteries on one side but they have always been there.. Use trim tabs when moving.. 2004 model 2101.
Even floats on trailer crooked so know did not do that before..

Thanks for info

Strange for sure? I have a 2008 and have a battery on each side. The kicker is a 9.9HT Yamaha and is on the same side as the toilet and it sits dead level in the water. You can get at good look at the port side of the boat by lifting up your port side storage lid under the v berth cushions. If it's like mine there isn't a divider in there and if you stick your head in and you can see right to the stern of the boat.

I have an '03 2101 but it's an I/O so not really comparable. My kicker is on one side and both batteries are on the other. Boat sits level in the water. You might want to join the Striper forum and pose your question there. Lots of good folks participating (including Finnaddict and I).
https://seastriper.com/forums/index.php

You could always look on the Striper Owners Forum......I have found a lot of info on there when I've done any mods to my boat. Like I said........pretty level! :)

Aug292011 601.JPG

balance is elementary. ...something
is not right. u could add enough
weight to balance out the craft to find
out how much we are looking for.
BTW what is the listing difference
to bring it back level..?

The starboard side water fill is likely your portapotti pump out. I have the same in my 2300. Its unlikely that you have a holding tank in your 2101. They did build a few that way, but it was a custom order. so it is possible. Show a few pics of you boat and it will help alot. Or as Reel slim suggests the Striper owners club will also be a big help. Try www.seastriper.com. I am a member, and there over 3500 members on there. The most common size is the 2101. They can probably help you on that forum much quicker.

Thanks guys. Seems that my fresh water tanks are saddle tanks and one could have leaked out over time and could cause the list.I will fill both and see if makes any diff.. Will take a few pics next time out..

Back