lack of decent boats for sale ??

Yes Clint, my previous boat was Red Hot and it is getting good use by another forum member in the Gulf Islands. I hear occasionally of great fishing success on it. I only miss it sentimentally as it was my first boat and I completely rebuilt and modified it to my needs with my own hands, blood and sweat. I only agreed to let this for inshore fishing near perfect fishing platform go for a slightly slicker model - an Arima 19. I did a lot of research, testing and weighing pros and cons before I sold the 17' and only because this 19 Arima can offer me for the same fuel economy, ease of transport and handling more room and comfort and the opportunity for an overnight for two. That was worth for me to sell Red Hot. Otherwise they would have driven me to my burial in Red Hot.

Well I'm guessing I'd sell mine too if I was gonna get an Arima out of it. I've searched for your "red hot for sale" thread and can't find it. Too bad, even though it was a buy sell trade thread it was one of my favorites on this forum.

I've mentioned it before but my podded 185 double eagle will be going up for sale real quick!

Last edited:
There's a nice looking Malibu 185 on "Used Nanaimo" today. Inboard 4.3 power wouldn't be my first choice though.

There's a nice looking Malibu 185 on "Used Nanaimo" today. Inboard 4.3 power wouldn't be my first choice though.
What do we think of this boat. Only 300 hours. 25 year old original motor. Lots of engine problems with lack of use or could be okay.

Its not the hrs. on a motor, its how it is maintained. I sold a 16.5 K&C with 90 hp Yammi with 3100 hrs. and ran like a charm. But flushed and maintained since new.
Its not the hrs. on a motor, its how it is maintained. I sold a 16.5 K&C with 90 hp Yammi with 3100 hrs. and ran like a charm. But flushed and maintained since new.
Couldn't agree more. Nothing better for an engine than to run it regularly and maintain it. A low hour engine that has sat around is prone to give you problems.

Back