Gibbs-Delta Aquires O'Ki

Churn, churn, churn. Out with the old in with the new. I believe it's called designed obsolescence if I'm not mistaken.

:pI feel that these are still the same fish as we were catching 50 yrs ago and the fear that worked on those will work on today's fish.

I'm not big on the latest and greatest so they won't be getting much out of me.

I was gifted some of their spoons and flashers and they don't stand up to my "silver hoochies" :p

:pI feel that these are still the same fish as we were catching 50 yrs ago and the fear that worked on those will work on today's fish.

I'm not big on the latest and greatest so they won't be getting much out of me.

I was gifted some of their spoons and flashers and they don't stand up to my "silver hoochies" :p
Yeah I like a couple of there flashers but they crack so fast at the rivet after a few fish sometimes they are cracked before you pull them out of the package so really gotta look carefully before you buy. I guess if your prostaff it doesn't matter .....use a couple times throw away and get free new ones..... good to see the few guides left out there holding out and not in it for the free gear

Gotta be a pro guide to be pro-staff ..., cant say i agree with out-sourcing to china but once everyone starts doing it you probly have no way to compete otherwise .. i always thought Gibbs spoons came with Mustad hooks??Anyways the owner and his son seem like pretty cool cats to me.. and the guide series lemonlime and the Madi are my most productive flashers...

Jeffy, I don't think anyone is saying Gibbs flashers don't work. It's just very disconcerting that they are buying out all the other local high quality tackle manufacturers. I love Oki flashers, and I worry that the qualty is going to drop. Along with the lessened competition it's also a pretty good bet prices will be rising. Competition in the marketplace keeps prices down. There's not a lot of competition left, they've bought out almost all the other long established local producers.

Well if it's cheap Flashers you want TT Wan has these for $6US/each.

http://www.ttwanwholesale.com/product/salmon-flashers-uv-reflecting-11-qty-1-2615/

21oai4y.jpg

I'm already stocking up on my Oki favs. I don't think I'm the only one as I've had trouble finding some stuff in stock.

Gotta be a pro guide to be pro-staff ..., cant say i agree with out-sourcing to china but once everyone starts doing it you probly have no way to compete otherwise .. i always thought Gibbs spoons came with Mustad hooks??Anyways the owner and his son seem like pretty cool cats to me.. and the guide series lemonlime and the Madi are my most productive flashers...

You gotta buy local, even if it costs you a few dollars more. You're not spending a thousand dollars a month on gear, so what if it costs you a little more?? Support our local guys working and living here. The last of the USA produced spoons are fetching a premium, hope the guys at the top realize this.

I've had Les Davis Plated Canadian Wonder spoons for 40 years that still look like new. Bought Gibbs Wonder spoons that were all tarnished after dragging them for a whole day in the chuck. The plating is complete garbage, they are junk. Almost disposable, one and done.

You gotta buy local, even if it costs you a few dollars more. You're not spending a thousand dollars a month on gear, so what if it costs you a little more?? Support our local guys working and living here. The last of the USA produced spoons are fetching a premium, hope the guys at the top realize this.

Gotta buy local? Then buy HOT SPOT. Gibbs while local, does employ local people but I'd much rather pay for quality. O'ki is a good product and quality is up over Chinese goods. Last time I bought Flashers I paid less for some very good Hot Spots with real thing Sampos....and when you buy them by the box or bakers dozen...you save big!! :)

The majority of flashers I run are Hot Spot by far and they do have some of the new fangled designs of the competitors but not the whole variety. O'ki are on my boat as well. A few guides on this board know me and have seen what I run and bought a few boxes from me...they are converted.

I know a few people in the tackle retail industry who work at different shops on the mainland and the Island and interest in O'ki product is up.... ...

Hot spots are great flashers, but I love Oki's. You used to be able to buy a box of Oki's and get a price break and get whatever style body and tape you wanted on either side. Pretty sure that deal won't be happening anymore. Bought a few purple haze Oki's for $12.99 at A&N today. Can't complain at that price.

Hot spots are great flashers, but I love Oki's. You used to be able to buy a box of Oki's and get a price break and get whatever style body and tape you wanted on either side. Pretty sure that deal won't be happening anymore. Bought a few purple haze Oki's for $12.99 at A&N today. Can't complain at that price.

O'ki is a smaller volume gig...that's why they can't cheap deal. Army and Navy is a royal PITA when it comes to purchasers grinding prices. Ultimately, brand recognition is important and A&N gives that.

Back