Cowichan River

any word on the drift boat? be thinking there many so fish to be had with this weather...

I,ve done a couple of drifts this year with no luck. Most boats i,ve talk to have had nothing ? Heard of a few reports of odd fish here and there ? With low water conditions heard rumours of nets again in the lower river. On a side note saw a picture of the Riverwolf being pulled from the bottom at the Pumphouse. Looks like it might live to fish again !!

its slowwww. ive drifted 6 or 7 times for only 2 fish and a couple other hookups. saw a seal below sandy last week. Best success I know of is a local indian guy that chucks roe bags hes managed to bonk a handful of nice wild fish so far this year, mans gotta eat I guess......

Ya,I saw a seal below Silver Bridge a few days ago as well so there must be fish around for them to travel into the system as far as they have.The furthest from the ocean I've personally seen them at the S pools but have heard of sightings as far upstream as Marie Canyon.Frickn' Fur Bearin' Varmints!!

Finally guys, cherry popped, first steelie on the Cowichan! A beautiful 6-7 pound specimen that put up an incredible battle and had my heart pounding outside of my chest. Was released safely to find a mate. A day I will never forget.

Attachments

• 16343714_1370354659695290_460436899_n.jpg
    16343714_1370354659695290_460436899_n.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 130
it was crazy out there yesterday, 6 inches on the road trees falling everywhere, ran into a downed powerline at the corner at cedar log had to take the long way out. sandy parking lot had about a foot of snow which is actually a godsend since it helps soften up the bumps from those 12 inch deep potholes/craters that have been there for years. there was one boat out yesterday from stoltz to sandy. should be fine just bring a rope and shovel. vimy could be a different story if it didn't get plowed.

Got out to the Cowie on Tuesday. River was at about 1.45 with good visibility. Tough getting access as snow was a couple of feet deep in most areas. Roads were clear but plows had left large hedgerows on the shoulders that had iced over and made pulloffs a %&$@*.
Fished mid-river and managed to beach a 7 lb doe . Pretty fish but it seemed to have net marks on it.
Looks like the melt has started as waterlevels have bounced back over 2 meters.

Fished the river today, clay bank blew out just above stoltz corner. Grey water all the way down river bottom. Couldn't see my boots in a foot of water.

Fished the river today, clay bank blew out just above stoltz corner. Grey water all the way down river bottom. Couldn't see my boots in a foot of water.

The river was white last Sunday to it wasn't even raining that day.Not sure what's going on up there.

Back