Is it time to make life-jacket use mandatory in boats?

We wear life jackets when weather/waves dictates. Other than that not so much. No cuddy on my boat but it would be pretty crappy to be the guy that drowns cuz your trapped in your cabin wearing a life jacket.

Boy mandatory lifejackets on boats? Next it'll be helmets on bicycles! Lol.
Seriously, it should be encouraged and I do on my boat, but I think people need more common sense and less regulation. Heck they can't enforce the regulations they already have. Government can't be expected to constantly save us from ourselves.

We, as a society have become reliant on regulations and government warnings to tell us what we should already know or be able to figure out. Let someone else do our thinking for us, so we aren't responsible!
WARNING : Never juggle chainsaws, while standing on the top step of this aluminum ladder, during an electrical storm! Lol

We, as a society have become reliant on regulations and government warnings to tell us what we should already know or be able to figure out. Let someone else do our thinking for us, so we aren't responsible!WARNING : Never juggle chainsaws, while standing on the top step of this aluminum ladder, during an electrical storm! Lol
Isn't that a plot for a jackass video for FB?

Lol, not sure. Wouldn't surprise me to find out the same people who watch jackass videos are the same ones we have the warnings for though.

Back