Boat Show???

came away with a few items but its nice to chat with the people there
before the crowds at the weekend....
deals where few and far between HC had a good deal on the lowrance hook 7 chartplotter fishfinder for $ 595 with tranny and navionics chip
myself got a few factory sec flashers and a few spoons and ace heads
had a good chat with the guys from Peetz reels and dane from HC as well
along with the lads and lasses From Scotty ......

Missed the Peetz guys.

Saw those Ace Heads at ground level....meant to swing back by as @$2.99 they seemed like a decent deal.

Buddy I was with wanted a Mustang inflatable and as much as it pained him (and I) to buy from that retailer they were a pretty good deal. (Just to the left as you walk down the ramp on the concourse level.)

oh and as for a rod deal PNT where blowing out the Amundson med heavy threon rod for $99.
and had two threon tmx5 reels gold and purple for $230 a piece .....

I'll be down there early Friday morning. Looking forward to it, its been a few years since i've been.

We largely just stopped by booths of fishing related vendors. Some deals to be found on rods and some reels here and there. Definitely more "deals" on larger ticket items here and there.

@wildthing Saw the deal on those rods and made a quick call before looking closely at them. Talking to my "consultant"...haha....(thanks bud ;))....he pointed out that they were on the 'heavy' side of 'med/heavy'. Certainly noticed that when I picked one up and had a closer look and handled it, but definitely a very good deal marked down from $250 to $99.

BTW....if anyone needs an inflatable Mustang. The Elite 38's at a "marine and hardware" booth from the south end of Richmond....buy the red ones. The actually have an extra year of life left on the inflating canister as opposed to the black and grey ones. ;) If you stop by that booth...talk to Jessica; she used to work for them but now only does trade shows. She was the nicest person I've ever talked to from that business....haha. Mind you there was a guy in the fishing section who was pretty nice but think he must work out in south Richmond as I've never seen him in Vancouver.

BTW..... @Derby , everyone in your booth was great to talk to and very engaging of people there. Had a great chat with Scott who you introduced me to and going to see him soon. Bought the "mystery hoochies" from last year not even paying close attention but they were octopus, need to ask Scott if he has them in squid. ;)

Bought some 3oz jigs for bottom fishing from Harbour Chandler for 1.99, retail $5.... Can't beat that!

oh and as for a rod deal PNT where blowing out the Amundson med heavy threon rod for $99.
and had two threon tmx5 reels gold and purple for $230 a piece .....

That was a good deal! Was happy to buy one of each :)

The rod is super stiff compared to anything I've ever used for salmon before (especially for a MH), we'll see how it goes. If anything looks good, especially for what I paid. Good guys

The rod is super stiff compared to anything I've ever used for salmon before (especially for a MH), we'll see how it goes. If anything looks good, especially for what I paid. Good guys

Ya.....it's a beefcake! It felt far too heavy for my preference but let us know how you find it after some use.

PSF gets a ton of support from the rec fishing sector and we wanted to highlight yet another supporter of our salmon conservation work that happens to be at the boat show this year. Sherwood Marine has offered to donate $1 per horsepower sold between now and May 31, 2017 to the Pacific Salmon Foundation and SFI. If you stop by their big booth on the main floor be sure to thank them on behalf of wild salmon in BC!

$1-promotion-Sherwood.jpg

Enjoyed the concourse level as a 10min walk with very few "stops". Lots of stuff to look at.
Enjoyed all the boats down below. Highlight for me was the Grady 33 express, family and fishing on one platform (kids went bananas on it), now I just have to sell the house to get one.
Was very surprised that not one Boston Whaler had an aft steering station option installed. Usually like them but wasn't so impressed this year. Maybe I was just boat jaded by then.
Also enjoyed a few of the aluminum offerings. Really noticed a difference between a few that were really well laid out, and the majority which were like generic tin cans with outboards. There was a silver streak and kingfisher in the 23-26 range I liked a lot.
See you next year boat show.

Picked up 2 of the amundson reels tonight. Was pretty quiet there. My dream boat 30ft commander wasn't there this year. Lots of cookie cutter aluminum with pretty much all the same layouts. Just like tug captain said I also liked the kingfisher and silver streak best. The silver streak had the most serious looking lines to it, mean lookin. The cutwater was a awasome machine. That may be the new dream rig, they don't seem all that solid though

went yesterday afternoon, pretty quiet was nice to be able to chat at some of the booths and see everything I wanted to. picked up a "red" mustang self inflatable pfd at steveston, thanks for the tip Pip. great deal. picked up a few lures etc at pnt and hc. no big ticket items this year, Inlet had some great deals on some kickers.

I was there on Friday with a mission to chat to manufacturers reps and hopefully get some new sponsors for the 2017 Juan De Fuca Fishing Tournament. A great day and have 6 confirmed new tournament sponsors and some awesome prizes. Most were sold on the idea of the Sooke Chinook project that SVIAC has begun and want to support an effort that will put more fish in the water. They know more fish means they can continue to sell their products to those who fish.

Was there yesterday, basically same old same old. Got to check out the new islander reel, pretty slick but for the price I'll stick with my mr2's. Also picked up a new Brutus plus 40 from harbour chandler , and they threw in a bulldog hands free attachment and 80 dollars of tackle of my choice!

Back