weather .....

now how can i get free tickets..?

cheers marko

pay like everyone else

Oh we all pay in one form or another
and lord knows ive givin my fair share
over the years. what i should have
said was enquiring about
complimentary passes to this prestigious event......;)

hmmmm.....doesn't look like ill
be able to make it to port moody
in time....

Went yesterday. Had a couple of good chats. Price of Alloy boats up significantly again. Less interactive stuff.

I remember a decade ago there was a fraction of Aluminum boats in comparison to this year! Very interesting to see a shift, must be almost 50% aluminum to fiberglass ratio now. Everything is getting really expensive. I just go for the fishing deals, got what I wanted!

yup, agree with the comments on the aluminum boats. Lots of em and VERY pricey... especially for the 'lower-end' factory boats of which there are plenty to choose from at this show. There is a BIG difference in quality of welded boats out there and given that many boaters might be new to aluminum or don't have the time to do the research they can be fooled into thinking some of these 'factory' welded boats are comparable to the really well-made welded boats, of which there was a noticeable lack of at this show (except for Silver Streak, IMO).

Are there still doing the floating show as well this year? At granville island? Anyone been there with a report?

I'll be heading back down to BC place this afternoon for another walk around. Not much I need for my boat right now but always interesting to see what's out there.

PSF gets a ton of support from the rec fishing sector and we wanted to highlight yet another supporter of our salmon conservation work that happens to be at the boat show this year. Sherwood Marine has offered to donate $1 per horsepower sold between now and May 31, 2017 to the Pacific Salmon Foundation and SFI. If you stop by their big booth on the main floor be sure to thank them on behalf of wild salmon in BC!

$1-promotion-Sherwood.jpg

Back