USA 2016 Election - the countdown is on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issue with Hillary. She is a 30 year survivor in the ugly world of US politics. The American system is a frustrating machine. You have the White House,the senate, congress and the Supreme Court all fighting for their interests. It's actually amazing anything is accomplished in that country. But they have. Call them what you may the US is a very successful powerhouse in this world of ours and we all need that country healthy and strong. The Trump issue will fade with time. The wrong person tried something different and attempted a shake up of the system and even though I may be premature, it seems he has failed.

There is only 1 time when you should have to choose between Trump and Clinton...................

When you are picking out a Halloween mask!;)

Trumpisms

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-exclusive-idUSKCN12P2PZ

I think he is 100%

Again at the risk of being labelled a Trumper, because its not the cool thing to be, anyone who cant get past his arrogance to see Clinton is a much more serious threat to the world has been given an opinion by mainstream media.

His proposals to limit congress terms to 2 years, reign in the lobbyists amongst other things shows me, that if I were a US citizen, he would reluctantly get my vote.

Last edited:
Those that vote for Hilary are voting for more of the same so it depends how happy they are. Same goes for Canada you get what you ask for so don't complain when you get it. I believe Trump will and could change the way politics have become a useless tool for self serving slugs.

Those that vote for Hilary are voting for more of the same so it depends how happy they are. Same goes for Canada you get what you ask for so don't complain when you get it. I believe Trump will and could change the way politics have become a useless tool for self serving slugs.

Donald Trump is perhaps the biggest self serving candidate to ever run for office here. His tax policy is designed specifically to advantage his tax situation. He is a self absorbed demagogue who has been blatant with his misogyny, racism and open admiration for the tactics of strongmen such as Putin and Saddam Hussein because they "killed terrorists" (or at least anyone they think might be a terrorist). He is now saying he will only accept the results of the election if he wins like some third world dictator, and has blatantly spread false information that the election is rigged (usually spreading lies first made up on Fox news that are actively spread on social media by alt-right nut jobs). He has been endorsed by white supremacists, and has repeatedly re-tweeted their tweets. Most prominent republicans have distanced themselves from him, which says a lot for a party of old white christian men who only really like other white christian men. His constant blatant lies during his campaign are unprecedented in their frequency. He has made up lies that Ted Cruz's father was involved in the Kennedy assassination! He is the originator and main backer of the repugnant birther movement here, but blames it on Clinton, a complete lie. It goes on and on and on. Change Politics, yes he probably would, in terms of the rise of authoritarian rule, maybe concentration camps for Muslims and have them sew crescent moons on their clothes to tell them apart. This man is much closer to facilitating the rise of facism here than doing politics differently.

What will be the effects for Canada? Well you better hope you don't have a job that involves exporting goods to the US as he wants to rip up trade deals and expand protectionism. Lumber, automobiles, other natural resources? be prepared for tarriffs that could decimate those industries. His economic policies make the financial communities very nervous as a severe recession is likely if he is able to implement them. Environmental protection, forget that. Shared waterways, hell, shared air could all be affected adversely. What kind of relations do you think Trump will have with Trudeau? He likely already hates Trudeau for being friendly with Obama and retribution for anyone crossing him is the norm. A Trump presidency will NOT be good for Canada.

This is the politics of hate and divisiveness, and the scary thing is he could still win. Certainly if he doesnt the next election there will be another republican who carries his message of hate forward, and maybe doesnt have the personal stains trump has and could get elected vs an unpopular Hillary Clinton. For now hopefully he loses, well worry about 2020 when the campaigning for that election starts sometime next year!

Seems like you might watch too much news analysis, and not enough news.

Each to their own though.

I have a feeling he may actually win, so we will see I guess.

And the world could likely be looking at another self serving despot like Hitler who openly
practiced racism.
good choice....:(

All the things you mentioned work for me. Bring it on. I welcome it with great anticipation. Obviously a lot of people feel the same way. Being lovey dovey liberal....how's that working out for the people that keep all the awesomeness of civilization going on a daily basis. Not well I guess. Wish we had a gutsy candidate like that here not some wet behind the ears drama teacher.

All the things you mentioned work for me. Bring it on. I welcome it with great anticipation. Obviously a lot of people feel the same way. Being lovey dovey liberal....how's that working out for the people that keep all the awesomeness of civilization going on a daily basis. Not well I guess. Wish we had a gutsy candidate like that here not some wet behind the ears drama teacher.

Maybe you would like to live in Syria ??
I think they have had issues with politics as well....

Reactions: GLG
Actually no that's the whole point. However bleeding hearts can please all go help them....there.

What we need is political reform. At the very least the Don is preaching that. Whether he will do it is yet to be seen if he gets a chance. Even republicans would rather Hillary be elected because they know the slop in their trough will continue unabated.

You really have to ask yourself, what are these people so afraid of? Is it he doesn't answer to anyone? That he may get actually go ahead with these term limits and end this crazyness of lobbyists running Washington? They hate anything they can't control, and they don't seem to control him.

I really can't see how anyone can say anything bad about Trump and not apply it to Hillary as well. She is just touting a liberal tone but behind closed doors is just another fake. From all evidence, she is a lot worse.

Are you for real.? I tend to forget living in the US that there are bigoted morons in Canada too. Fortunately not as many as here and I certainly hope no Trump clone can actually rise to the levels Trump has in Canada. One could disagree with McCain, or Romney on policy, but they were decent men, not ones you worried about having their finger on the button to start WW3. Not ones who would mock a disabled reporter, or a female newscaster. And Eastmon - I wish it were just news analysis I watched. I live in NC now and went to a trump rally in Asheville NC. Like no other rally I've ever seen, aggressive, hate filled and vile. Physically aggressive, Trump suggesting violence, promising to personally lock up his political opponent and rejection of the election results if he doesn't win. All things that as Scott Craven says would fit right in in Assad/Putin Syria. This man is the very definition of a demagogue. NC is a state with a significant population of people with KV1's wish for a "gutsy" candidate. They are often also sporting confederate flags, hate blacks, muslims, hispanics, jews homosexuals: any of the groups taking their rightful white place in society. So be like your gutsy candidate, wear your bigotry on your sleeve proudly (or show it with a red hat) like they are now doing down here.
KV1, We have a description for your ilk here: you are just known as WT. Trump's people.

The hate filled rallies were filled with liberal protesters. It's been proven the Clinton campaign was involved in that. Video evidence.

When you climb off that high horse, take a real good look around. Your opinion may be the loudest, but you would be surprised how many people align with Trumps views, but not nessecarily the messenger.

Gotta laugh at the followers of the liberal agenda. Their leadership is just as dirty as anyone. And they really can't see it's all just BS.

My last comment on this subject, the American election has turned into a 3-ring circus.
I am very grateful to live in Canada even though our political system
does not satisfy all , we have one of the best life style's in the world.
I cannot imagine life under a so-called leader such as Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back