What's for dinner tonight ?

This is what I follow..I just add some Italian seasoning and I roll the patties in bread crumbs before putting them in the frying pan :)

Attachments

• 20161018_134119.jpg
    20161018_134119.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 43
They are. I usually scrap the spine of my fish and use that meat for burgers and my chowders.... :)

Reactions: 007
20161019_185251.jpg I find if you make the fish burgers up the night before and let them sit in the fridge over night;) ..even better .... Did a chum pasta tonight... :)

My other half did a good one last night on some rockfish and it was pretty simple.

Unfortunately I don't have exact measurements but this is essentially it.

She made up a mild horseradish mayo with a bit of lemon in it. Do it to taste but don't go overboard on the HR.

She added a good amount of chopped chives, chopped parsley, capers to the mix and a touch of salt and pepper which was directly on the fish.

Slather the mayo mix with the "greens" on the fish and just baked "low and slow" at about 320....it turned out great and I am not a huge HR fan. Squeeze of lemon on top prior to serving and it was a new one to add to the mix. Don't think I'd do it on salmon but I am sure any white fish would work pretty well.

Last edited:
I've done ling and rockfish like this as well but I put a sprinkle of panko on top before baking it adds a nice texture to the fish.

My other half did a good one last night on some rockfish and it was pretty simple.

She made up a mild horseradish mayo with a bit of lemon in it. Do it to taste but don't go overboard on the HR.

She added a good amount of chopped chives, chopped parsley, capers to the mix and a touch of salt and pepper which was directly on the fish.

Slather the mayo mix with the "greens" on the fish and just baked "low and slow" at about 320....it turned out great and I am not a huge HR fan. Squeeze of lemon on top prior to serving and it was a new one to add to the mix. Don't think I'd do it on salmon but I am sure any white fish would work pretty well.

This is mainly the recipe we used :

INGREDIENTS

1 Tbsp olive oil

3 slices bacon, finely chopped

1 cup chopped onions

1 cup diced celery

2 tsp minced garlic

1 ½ cup peeled, cubed sweet potato (cut into small cubes, otherwise they won't fully cook)

1 Tbsp minced fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme (fresh is best!)

1 ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth

1 tsp seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay seasoning or Seafood Magic)

1 can (14 oz/398 mL) cream-style corn

2 can (5 oz/142 g each) whole baby clams, undrained

8 oz boneless, skinless salmon fillet, cut into small chunks

1 can 2% evaporated milk or 1½ cups light (5%) cream

¼ cup all-purpose flour

2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add chopped bacon and cook until bacon just begins to crisp. Add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes and thyme. Cook for 30 more seconds. Add chicken broth and seafood seasoning. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

2. Stir in corn, clams (with liquid), and salmon. In a medium bowl or measuring cup, whisk together evaporated milk and flour until smooth. Add to pot. Mix well. Bring soup to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until salmon is cooked through and soup thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Enjoy!

Pic's or it didn't happen :p. Sounds great Scott!

C'mon man, salmon is the "red meat" of the sea. I am sure it would be great on salmon as well. I'll try it and post the results. HR is an acquired taste for sure but it is surprising how many ways you can use it in recipes.

Thanks for sharing :).

Back