Let's see your disgusting!

Got that one in my hand seconds after cautioning the crew about hooks shaking loose while your hand is in a cods mouth. Timing is everything.

Could you just back that one out yourself with the pinched barb, or was that a visit to the hospital to have it removed. I guess you'll be leaving that bottom fishing partner on shore from now on after that one eh.

Crap.. I didn't get a pic of a German customer who got his knuckle in the way of the drags knobs on a hot fish at Flemming this year..... put it this way.. a inche long cut and there was no way he was going to bend that knuckle for 2 weeks..... never seen one that bad before:confused::eek::rolleyes:;)

Crap.. I didn't get a pic of a German customer who got his knuckle in the way of the drags knobs on a hot fish at Flemming this year..... put it this way.. a inche long cut and there was no way he was going to bend that knuckle for 2 weeks..... never seen one that bad before:confused::eek::rolleyes:;)

Ach der liber Gott !!!!

A 40 lb halibut was on the other hook jumping around on the deck. Finally the 60 lb leader broke.

Yeah it hurt!

Attachments

• IMG_2059.JPG
    IMG_2059.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 334
No pictures of the actual event, just the aftermath. When going to weigh my one (and only) tyee, the fish slipped and my hand got this stuck in it. It was a semi-pinched shark hook some smartypants put on the scale down by the quarterdeck. One of my trips to Port Hardy hospital.

image.jpeg

Haha my brother! Cut the eyelet off ... Slid the hook out.... And kept on fishin!

Last edited:

Saw a buddy of mine get knuckle slammed by a 30-something spring off Renfrew a few years ago. The reel nailed him so hard that one of the handles snapped clean off and flew overboard. The base of his index finger went black and blue but it didn't break any skin and he fished the rest of the trip. Amazing.

Some years back I was getting a new 16 oz. Reef Striker ready by pinching the barbs and then burning off the last bit of plastic that always seems to stick on the hook when you remove the card it's on.

I was pinching/holding one of the three hooks while holding the blazing lure above an ashtray when our new kitten decided to sneak attack my arm.

I dropped the lure in surprise and the burning hook dropped and penetrated my little finger completely through.

Yes, it hurt.

I quickly backed the hook out........thank goodness already barbless.............yelled at the cat.........said a bad word or six........shook my hand then laughed at the ridiculousness of it all.

About the only time I've had a serious hook wound in over 65 years of fishing and caused by a kitten goofing around in my living room, not even really fishing.

Some beauties above too.

Makes me cringe when I look at them and sympathize with whomever owns the finger or hand in the pic.

Yikes.

Take care.

Back