2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Fished the little q yesterday morning, Pulled in st around 830 dropped my gear and was into a double header within minutes. After that it was non stop for me for about an hour. The bite was sure on. Fishing shallow on the riggers. 25 and 35 feet in 85 feet of water

not true, big tide and and a touch of rain they move upriver, live right in front of the little q and have watched it happen for 20 years

you will know when they are ready to go, when you see them out in front of the river finning in the surface 50 of them at a time, been there seen it it next night they are gone

Walked the dogs at the Big Q hatchery yesterday. Expected to see fish after the rains in early Sept, but nil fish in the pens & all gates down, keeping any fish below the bridge. Water levels very low, so they must be controlling at the Horne lake end to keep the run from starting. Only a few were holding below the bridge, so there must be a lot holding offshore waiting for flows to increase. Crossing the Little Q, flows are also v low, so expect the situation there is the same.

Quick shout to the gentleman in the "Broadwater" who joined us at Sangster on Saturday. Thanks for lending us a couple of downrigger clips...saved us a trip back over to the creek. Much appreciated when you have out of town friends out for a day of fishing. Reminder to self ...do not take all the gear off the boat for cleanup:). Lots of shakers and a couple of 9 pounders to send home with friends made for a pleasant morning.

Gonna head to little or big Q where abouts would be the best fishing for this time of year? Thinking of launching at French creek and running up! Any advise would be great! Thanks!

Been fishing the little q at day break for the last week. Well, It's been absolutely crazy. In the last seven days I've had 70 fish to the boat , seriously the best fishing I have ever had.

What's been the hot lure Rhonda? I'm headed up in the morning, I was thinking white or glow hootchie unless you change my mind;)

Got out for an hour and a half tonight over at little q. Got one 13 pound and lost a screamer as well, both on green flasher and plain silver spoon hugging bottom at 75'.

Fished out front of the little Q this morning 2 springs 8 & 12 on green splatter back hooch at 45 feet. Seen a few other fished caught but not too much action for how many boats were there.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Our last day at the river was a great one. Friends, fish and the odd foe (sea lions!) made for a memory filled afternoon. Good bye little q. See you next year.

Reactions: RBL
Back