Trailer manufacturers

ryanb

Been scouring craigslist for a used trailer for a while now with little success. Probably going to end up picking up a new one in the next few months. Looking at a tandem axle with a 4500-5000lb rating.

Any recommendations on what I should be looking for in a trailer? Good brands? Bad brands?

This is for a 22' (24' including pod) aluminum boat. Estimated loaded weight would be around 4100-4200lbs.

Thanks,
Ryan

Stainless Steel calipers on the surge brakes. It will save you a lot of trouble if you are in the Salt Water.

I would be looking for disc brakes and electric/hydraulic. LED lights and a trailer rating a little larger then what the boat weighs. Not sure on if that weight rating even makes a single axle but I would get a double axle. Rollers up front and bunks in the back.

yup , mike at roadrunner... you may have to go through a dealer now tho?

I have 5800 lb Shorelandr I may sell. I have a 22 foot Seasport on it. It comes with disc brakes and dropped axles and one of the best roller systems. It is a 2004 I believe and in great shape. I moor in the summer so it only gets used once a month to haul the boat out for a bottom cleaning. Very little use during the winter months when the boat sits in the driveway on the trailer.

I wouldn't recommend a road runner. There are better quality trailers for a bit more money. There is a reason they are the cheapest trailers you can buy.

I have 5800 lb Shorelandr I may sell. I have a 22 foot Seasport on it. It comes with disc brakes and dropped axles and one of the best roller systems. It is a 2004 I believe and in great shape. I moor in the summer so it only gets used once a month to haul the boat out for a bottom cleaning. Very little use during the winter months when the boat sits in the driveway on the trailer.

Sent you a pm.

High liner in Tillbury industrial park Delta, Good people to work with and could steer you in the right direction. They have done me well over the years with a few different trailers.

HT

Most standard trailer wiring will be pretty basic and even relatively new ones wont have LED lights. If you buy used, you should probably re-wire it for peace of mind, safety and longevity. You can get a set of new LED lights and needed wire for about $200, labour wise it should take you a short day, depending on experience of course. Home run everything to a junction box up at the hitch so it sees minimal water and be really fussy about any connections at the lights themselves. Plenty of info in the many threads on wiring.

Back