dodgers by wayne laughren

Does anyone have any of the super release dodgers made by Wayne Laughren for sale?

You might have a hard time finding some of those, Guys that do still have them are probably not looking to part with them.

If your into trying fishing with dodgers you could try the Sling Blade dodger. It doesn't release like that one your looking for, but it is smaller and streamlined and it doesn't have much drag in the water. It is made in the states and has a very good quality finish on it (unlike most these days). Just a suggestion in case you don't have any luck finding the old super release dodger. I love old tackle, so I fully understand wanting to fish with some of our local tackle history.

Good luck in your search.

If your having problems go talk to the manager of Queale Electronics downtown Victoria. Ask for Wayne. I am not sure he sells them anymore.

I talked to him 2 years ago trying to buy some and he said he has none to offer and does not intend to make them again. It would be interesting to know how many guys are interested

I have 2 of them, haven't used them in 20 years, lol. I used them a bit in the 80's and 90's to catch sockeye on fly rods, they worked ok but the fishing was so fast and furious back then (i was running charters) so it was too time consuming to set up when you were on a school. not sure I want to part with them yet, may give them another whirl. I'll shoot you a message if i decide to get rid of them, I'm in n.van, where are you?

there is also the far better flasher by gibbs still available for sale, they are a quick release flasher
https://www.gibbsdelta.com/farr-better-flasher

Attachments

• wayne's dodgers (2).JPG
    wayne's dodgers (2).JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 166
  • wayne's dodgers (3).JPG
    wayne's dodgers (3).JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 161
  • wayne's dodgers.JPG
    wayne's dodgers.JPG
    338 KB · Views: 152
I have three brand new the super release dodgers made by Wayne Laughren for sale

Holy Moley Dicus. Where do you get all your antique tackle from. I should have known you'd pop up with something. I'll have to get a hold of you again later in the year to see what your selling. I got a nice (huge by Vancouver standards) mid teen coho a couple of days ago on a dodger I bought off you. It picked up a fish each of the first two trips I tried it in the last week. So, I'll probably end up getting more stuff off you once the season winds down. Thanks

Ahh people jumping on my forum to buy the dodgers! The things are great, dont blame you. Shoot me a PM discus.

Does anyone have any of the super release dodgers made by Wayne Laughren for sale?
I have two of these dodgers one is used the other is new in packaging. You are welcome to them at no cost. Just need to make arrangements to get them to you. I believe these were made in different sizes, the ones I have are roughly 12 in long metal only. Not including riveted plastic clip. You can contact me at hbscot@shaw.ca if you are interested.

"Hey Nicnat how does that tape work ?"

it definitely made a bit of a difference when i added it, that I remember, lol. I did one only at first to compare and it had more action so did the other one, probably some of the newer glow tapes would work even better.

My forum and I cant even get one, damn
brands51 I posted earlier offering to give you two of these dodgers. Check my previous post, my username is eastside I supplied an email address. All you need to do is contact me via email and we can sort out the details to get them into your hands. Hugh Scott.

to be perfectly honest i don't think they are really worth the bother to use, a bit of a hassle to hook up and adjust the pin so it's just right. much easier to just run a dummy and run your gear above it, if you need action on a hootchie you can use a ross swimmer head or a jughead (not sold on the jugheads) pretty much everything else has it's own action and can be adjusted. just my 2 cents

Back